Thread: RPGCast - Episode 278: "Does That Make Sense?"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 278: "Does That Make Sense?"

RPGCast - Episode 278: "Does That Make Sense?"

Manny celebrates mushrooms. Anna Marie has fever dreams. Chris finished...three games? Listen and find out if this is the real life, or if it's just fantasy.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/278

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Does That Make Sense?"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Don't want to spoil Manny's "trip to Canada", but I'm afraid Embassies aren't considered to be foreign soil. It's a myth I'm afraid. He just walked past some U.S soil with a lot of Canadians working on it

True, but we're mostly making fun of that idea. Generally speaking the foreign government purchases the land, so the few square feet of Washington DC is owned by the Canadian government.
    The Vienna convention defines an embassy's lands as INVIOLATE to the host nation. It's a fancy way of saying agents of the state (ie, the police) must request permission to enter and enact the laws of the host country.
    To give a gruesome example, if I'm a Canadian and I walk into the Canadian embassy and stab someone, the US police must request permission to come in and arrest me. That request will likely be denied -- I'm more likely to be sent back home to face charges. If Chris walked into the Canadian embassy and stabbed someone, he'd be handed over to the police when they requested him. Same thing happens if I commit a crime in the US and then scamper to my embassy.

Also despite popular misconception, the laws of the foreign nation do not magically apply within an embassy's grounds. If you're 18 and visit the Polish embassy for a beer, they're gonna card you.

It seemed like Manny was going on the belief that PS2 classics work on the Vita... sadly, that's not the case. However, the Vita does have access to the entire Persona series except Arena, through the PSP remakes of 1/2a/3, the PSN release of 2b and Golden.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups