Thread: Tales of Xillia 2 English Trailer - TGS 2013

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Tales of Xillia 2 English Trailer - TGS 2013

Namco Bandai Games is giving English speakers a brief look at Tales of Xillia 2's dark story. Why they are doing so during the Tokyo Game Show is anyone's guess.

[Link]

Too bad they don't specify the release date for "Tales of Xillia 2".

With another Tales game expected to be released in 2014, such as "Tales of Symphonia Chronicles", its hard to speculate the release date for "Tales of Xillia 2".

Once the English version of the game is released in 2014, can't wait to play it.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I'm sooo tired of little girl characters in these games. Lets have a more mature cast please.... oh it's Namco, not a chance.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    I'm sooo tired of little girl characters in these games. Lets have a more mature cast please.... oh it's Namco, not a chance.
    Oh she's important to its dark story...trust me, it's pretty damn dark.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Yay!! The fact that they already have a trailer with voice acting in it gives me great hope that they are pretty far along with the localization. I'm hoping Symphonia hits by February and Xillia 2 by June or July next year.

btw, love the character design for the new main character. Wish this trailer told me more about the gameplay though since i'm really hoping the fun Lillium Orb/Sphere Grid makes a return, along with the innovative combo linking system.
    Last edited by Ryumoau; 09-19-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    Lol you have trouble with little girls? Well she's not playable at least.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryumoau View Post
    Lillium Orb/Sphere Grid makes a return
    It doesn't, it's been replaced with a different system.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    It doesn't, it's been replaced with a different system.
    I hope with a less annoying system. Auto-level was useless, making the whole thing really tedious.

This is the new form of the upgrade system, the Arrowcell Orb. It uses equippable Absorbers, which are similar to the Capacity Cores from Tales of the Abyss, although they don't affect stat growth in Xillia 2.

Battles now give EXP and Elemental Cores (Cores can also be found outside of battles in field areas, it pays to explore), and the Absorber determines which of the six elements the Cores are added to. In the picture above, equipping the highlighted Absorber would put a point into Dark and a point into Water for each Core gained. More powerful cores introduce a multiplyer effect, so that each Core gained adds 2-4 points to certain elements.

As an example, Jude learns Beast at 1030 Water and 1030 Dark.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

oh i see. hope i'll get used to that, since it sounds more complicated to me. lol
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Lol you have trouble with little girls? Well she's not playable at least.
    I do when they are usually extremely annoying with terrible voice acting, and the cookie cutter image of cliché. Which is how they are portrayed most of the time in these games. Personally I would prefer a cast of 20-30 somethings... give me something original Namco.

Maybe this character is different...I am glad to hear she is not a party character.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Well, Elise from the first Xillia is an exception to the usual little girl cliche. Her voice acting is avoids the whiny, grating tone that a lot of JRPG girl characters get, and I thought the character was a pretty good portrayal of a lost and abandoned little girl. She's a proud member of the club of two JRPG kid characters that I don't hate (Nanako from Persona 4 is the other one). Hopefully this character will be well-done also.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 09-23-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm looking forward to this game now actually that I got to play the first one. The wait won't seem that long with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles to play inbetween.

I want this game is well. Tales of Xillia is some of the most fun I've had playing an RPG since logging about 250 hours on Borderlands 2.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Xillia is probably my favorite Tales game, so I am STOKED to revisit this world!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief