Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosmic Star Heroine Kickstarter Launched

Cosmic Star Heroine Kickstarter Launched

Ever wanted to play as a spy in outer space? If this Kickstarter gets funded, you'll be able to do that on PC, Mac, PS4, and Vita before the end of 2014.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

For 10 bucks, I might pledge on this. A nice game to store on my Vita if I find myself trapped in a hotel somewhere. What do we expect game length to be (based on the other games these guys have made)? I have not played any.

New Member Member bill_at_zeboyd's Avatar
    Hello! Thanks for the post about our Kickstarter We're super excited about this, and it's doing pretty well for Day 1!

Oh, and our games have in the past been about 8 to 15 hours long, for the first-time play through ignoring bonus content. CSTW had an additional campaign which added probably another 8 hours to its initial 8-15 length. Rainslick 3 and 4 were each about 10-15 hours or so.

Our goal is to make games that respect players' time. To streamline gameplay and keep new and interesting things happening with both mechanics, characters, story, and locations, and not to let things get bogged down. We want to make CSH our biggest and longest game yet while still staying true to those concepts though. We also are considering adding post-game content if we have time and/or funding, but the main goal is to make it our most polished RPG so far

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Nekobasu's Avatar
    Hi Bill!

Can you say more about Cosmic Star Heroine's spy headquarters? I enjoy building up bases and exploring them, both for mechanical benefits and expanding on the world. Is that what you're going for?

Congrats Zeboyd, you got me to break my Kickstarter virginity.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    Congrats Zeboyd, you got me to break my Kickstarter virginity.
    This would totally be me if I didn't have 463 dollars a month going to the government. Maybe next paycheck
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

At a stretch?

I like the video's subliminal goal, being shown at 02:56 (while Robert is saying "we have 2 main goals").

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Since it's coming out next year, I'd not be opposed, but I'd have to be guaranteed a DRM-free version. I don't care how good it is, if it's locked down, the answer's no.

EDIT: Looked at the KS, looks like there will be DRM-Free versions.

Now all I need is for BoD7 and CstW to get on a DRM-free service and I can say goodbye to Steam forever.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by silktail View Post
    I like the video's subliminal goal, being shown at 02:56 (while Robert is saying "we have 2 main goals").
    Ahahahahaha. I love it.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Half way there already. Nice. And unlike Penny Arcade, I don't have to worry about jumping into the middle of the story.

I was slightly distracted during the video of the changing controllers in Bill and Robert's hands. But I was suddenly reminded of the Virtual Boy. Maybe a stretch goal for a Virtual Boy port!

So will the Sony version be trophy supported? I'd love to see their ideas there, since I know on XBLIG they didn't have the ability to do achievements.

I'm glad to see the KS going so well. I personally will likely not back it since I don't do kickstarters. And while I've been a fan of all their games so far, I REALLY don't like space themed JRPGs in general and am on the fence about getting this game. But I will definitely follow the development and who knows, maybe I'll grab this for the Vita when it comes out.

Yes, the PS4 & Vita versions will have trophies.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeboyd Games View Post
    Yes, the PS4 & Vita versions will have trophies.
    Ah yes, I totally forgot you were a member here! Great to see you're still around.

Rob and Bill thank you for the video and explanations I'll definitely back this next paycheck .... even if it's just a dollar
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

"Zeboyd Games is awesome & you should give them all your disposable income!" - Anna "Paws" Marie Privitere who is probably totally unbiased despite having a character named after her in Cthulhu Saves the World
    Haha, nice. Nothing wrong with subverting the traditional throwaway quotes section kickstarters seem to love having.
    Last edited by MasterChief; 10-05-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Punctuation FTW!

Looks good. I'd rather it was a bit more authentic in its 16-bit-ness, but that would mostly be splitting hairs.

You know, I've bought every one of Zeboyds games, but I've never finished a single one or played any past BoD...

Oh well, that train isn't stopping any time soon, apparently, since I've already backed this.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Haha, nice Nothing wrong with subverting the traditional throwaway quotes section kickstarters seem to love having.
    It's my favourite part of the KS.

Well I pitched in my 10 bucks. I feel really good about this, I think they are going to deliver.

Classic Console Junkie redwing42's Avatar
    Quick update: Pledges are already at $84K out of $100K. I don't have any doubt that Zeboyd will come through on this. The only disappointing part is we now know there won't be another game released by them for over a year. This one looks great though, and I'm looking forward to it.