Thread: Meet the Cast of Bravely Default

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Meet the Cast of Bravely Default

The fairy has disappeared from all English-language Bravely Default titles, but we assume she's still in the game. Meet her and her friends in this character-focused trailer.

Note: Let's avoid discussing release dates in this thread. It's been done, we can all move on now.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

So, Final Fantasy Flying Fairy seems like it's going to scratch an itch that Square Enix has all but forgot exists. With Nintendo's help, no less. I can't help but wonder if Nintendo is finally making a full grab at the RPG crowd. They do seem to be keeping my attention on my 3DS these days.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

I'm quite happy with how the 3DS is shaping up in terms of RPGs. Really interested in Bravely Default especially. Will be picking up the collector's edition when it releases in Europe more than likely. I don't remember if we've had any 3DS collector's editions so far (in PAL regions.) I'm sort of glad you can leave it on Japanese audio after this latest trailer, the voice acting is a bit shrill.
    Also it is just me or are the names a bit unusual...I reckon they are anagrams or something hehe..

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Well, Agnes and Edea are real names (though Edea is fairly uncommon). Not sure where they got Tiz and Ringabel, though. :P
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Am I the only person who doesn't mind the VA they've shown thus far? I'm seeing people making comparisons to Arc Rise Fantasia.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I certainly don't mind the VAs thus far, though it's too early for me to really make a strong opinion. I can say, as someone who loves Arc Rise Fantasia, that the voice acting samples we've heard thus far are most certainly NOT that bad. Not even close. I mean really; so far no in Bravely Default sounds like they aren't a native speaker of English. XP
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    I figured Ringabel was a joking reference to the character's odd case of plot-induced amnesia.

Doesn't sound to bad to me, granted they were only snippets but I have heard far worse. And that's comparing it to some of the anime that came out of Funimation, Pioneer, and ADV back in the late 90' and early 2000
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

I'm not in a Tiz (A state of nervous excitement or confusion) about the (W)arrior Tiz-knight--> paladin, Agnes is white mage pin up, Ringabel doesn't ring a bell but is vaguely French puss in boots,...with a spear =Dragoon?, and Edea Lee reminds me of the sticky cheese in a foil triangle dairylea but has a fairly good japanese sword. I'm fairly used to FF games having stupid names-I wasn't impressed by Zidane, Squall or Cloud but Tiz takes the biscuit, I'm vaguely comforted by the fact at least it's not spelt backwards for Zit. And at least the hero is not ultra spiky haired. I did like Sabin, Toren, CID and Lock for some reason.