Thread: XSEED Games Fall 2013 Interview - Part 2

XSEED Games Fall 2013 Interview - Part 2

We promised two parts to this XSEED Games interview and are here to deliver the second. After following up on Trails, we discuss Ys: Memories of Celceta, Rune Factory 4, Valhalla Knights 3, and more.

Interview
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Berry
    Hopefully we may have an opportunity to publish the [Kiseki] PS3 versions at a later time, but itís too early to tell at this point if that will be possible or not.
    Reading between the lines: It depends on sales. There might be other factors, but this is the most important one in terms of whether it will be possible. Please note I don't actually know the answer.

I hope Rune Factory 4 gets released in the EU, it's so annoying that the 3DS is region locked ;__;

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Reading between the lines: It depends on sales. There might be other factors, but this is the most important one in terms of whether it will be possible. Please note I don't actually know the answer.
    Actually, that's not really the case. It has more to do with the PS3 games requiring a separate license (which was never really part of the deal since they didn't exist back when the deal was made), plus the fact that they're PSP remasters (none of which have ever been released individually outside of Asia thus far, to my knowledge).

So it's more a logistics + paperwork + protocol thing.

Money-wise, it wouldn't make much sense to base whether or not to release the PS3 versions on the performance of other versions. I mean, when you have a game, you might as well release it on as many platforms as humanly possible in order to maximize your profits, you know?

-Tom

Ehhh... how did I miss that, surely it was also on the front page when I read this e.e Oh well, thanks for the heads up xD

No love for the PS3. Too bad.

Sen no Kiseki will have to wait.....
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.