Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 103 - Violent Vandalism

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 103 - Violent Vandalism

Konami and tactical RPGs may not go together much, but one series managed it for a little while. It's bloody good fun to dissect in spurts, too.
    Oh, my capillaries!
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    I'm enjoying Pokemon on the 3DS....but it has one big shortcoming. Not one, single geyser of blooooooddd!

The only Vandal Hearts I've played is Flames of Judgement. I got it mostly to support XBLA RPGs at the time. I thought it had some interesting ideas, like how all characters had an archetype but could be repurposed because the system was use-based skill ups for magic/weapons/(stats?), so a warrior could conceivably cast a lot of magic and become a mage. The problem with this idea is that the game was so short that repurposing a character from the archetype would probably take longer than just leaving them as-is and finishing the game. I'm not really into SRPGs and haven't played many, but I wasn't particularly challenged by it. I can't really recommend it for its price, but its decent if you can find it on sale.

Personally, I enjoyed the first two better than Flames

Whereas I enjoyed Flames the most out of the trio. But I agree if you can get it on sale that'd be dandy.

Indeed. You should be able to get all these games at a decent price. And they're really fun.

Never played any of the Vandal Hearts games but might have to give them a try. Sounds like there is some fun to be had there.