Thread: Retroview - X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

Retroview - X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse

The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse are Famine, Pestilence, War and Death. They're pretty hard to resist most of the time, but when living beings take on those titles, it really is possible to beat Death.
    Throw barrels at them for real fun!
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

For me, the first wins out over the second because it makes a better effort at telling a story and your choices of build are more meaningful, plus those flashback missions. The second has more characters and variety, but it suffers from some pretty nasty bugs and I find it gets pretty tedious towards the end.

A big name at Raven actually said they were working on Legends 3, but then Activision decided to put them to work creating Call of Duty DLC.

The next step up is Ultimate Alliance, which isn't bad and has a great roster of characters, but all the fun is in customizing those characters because enemy types are very thin, plus many of those customization options are flat out bugged. And QTE boss battles suck major monkey butt. UA2 is great fun because it has the best battles, you actually need to use special attacks and combo attacks, and boss battles are epic, plus the Civil War storyline is cool. UA2's main problem is that it's too short and there are very few sidequests or danger room missions worth playing.

I feel that the story in this one was lacking, as I have mentioned before, only because of how many liberties they took with the Age of Apocalypse Story line to begin with
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

If you enjoy X-Men Legends, I recommend Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs The Third Reich. Two great hero RTS games which I feel Legends was inspired by. Everything has a Silver Age Jack Kirby and Stan Lee feel to it. The environments are destructible and if you know a little about 3-D rendering you can make your own heroes or.... go to the old but still running fan sites that have put DC/Marvel heroes into the game.