Thread: Tears for Fears - Currents

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff InstaTrent's Avatar

Tears for Fears - Currents

In this week's issue of Currents, the Wii U may make a holiday comeback, the Sonic Cycle continues, the internet reacts to Yakuza's producer hating GTA, and Deep Down is downright fraudulent. We're also curious about your Halloween plans.

CURRENTS

If I could ask you readers some questions this week, they would be:
    • What are your plans for this Halloween?
    • Do you have any costumes in mind?
    • What was your favorite Halloween candy as a kid?
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."

"New Super Marion Bros. U"? Is this featuring Mario's cross-dressing cousins?

No plans for Halloween. I love Halloween as a kid, but I am way too old (and tall to pass for young) to trick or treat. Scary movies are not to me, and my husband and I dislike going to large parties.

My step-sister is coming over for Halloween and we're gonna play through Dead Space and Ghostbusters. She wants to dress as a catgirl.

And I think I can understand the internet's annoyance with that one guy hating GTA if he presides over his own crime drama. It's one thing to just not like those games for, as Mr. Torque would say, REASONS! I've got the same issues with GTA actually (that and driving around/racing is boring). It's another thing to knock one thing and then peddle your own as if it were CLEARLY different and better just because.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I find it stupid that the complaining about his opinion started...especially when he stated it TWO YEARS AGO. I feel for the guy, the internet is full of overzealous fanatics who go crazy at the mentioning of anything that opposes their viewpoint.

For the Sonic cycle, I've found it to be silly, as it seems like the gaming world has made it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. That's all I'll say about the ridiculousness.

Halloween, I'm going to be playing through all the RE games, no costumes, and Candy Corn. <3
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I know I've said this before, but I see the Wii U becoming another GameCube. People saying that the system will be the death knell for Nintedo are being silly.

As for Halloween, I'm just going to give out candy to trick-or-treaters. Maybe I'll wear that Meloetta hat I bought at a convention. I mean, when else am I going to wear it except at a con.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

I'll need to look into Deep Down, as the TGS footage was amazing. That's pretty disappointing that it was not actual gameplay footage :/.

As for Halloween, I'm going to be working/schooling that day, so not much in the way of plans. Went to a Skyrim themed party last Friday, and while I didn't dress up, there was some amazing food based off things in the game.

I don't tend to dress up, not really my thing.

My favorite candy as a kid was M&Ms, these days I tend to not have much of it. I'm more into savory things.

Right on Toshihiro Nagoshi. While GTA gameplay was smooth, the endless violence and obscenity just ruined my enjoyment of it. Never got how it became so popular when more worthy games didn't. Though I haven't played Yakuza, it looked like it had a more thoughtful bent.

Find and go to a Halloween party. (I'm a very last minute guy)

NOPE! I'm not one for dressing up beyond work clothes.

Anything and everything.
    Last edited by imercenary; 10-31-2013 at 04:42 AM.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    1. I will be handing out Halloween candy to children. Many, many, many children.
    2. Nope, not wearing a costume because we have a lot of teensy weensy ones in our neighbourhood and I don't want to scare them.
    3. Pretty sure I preferred Reese's PB Cups when I was a kiddo.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs
    As for Halloween, I'm just going to give out candy to trick-or-treaters. Maybe I'll wear that Meloetta hat I bought at a convention. I mean, when else am I going to wear it except at a con.
    Maybe when you go visit young relatives?

Actually I have no idea what a Meloetta hat would look like... so I'm just going to assume that it looks like her green notation hair!

Quote Originally Posted by InstaTrent
    What are your plans for this Halloween?
    Do you have any costumes in mind?
    What was your favorite Halloween candy as a kid?
    No plans as of yet.
    No costumes either! Not even a Meloetta hat. (I doubt I could pull that off.)
    I don't remember any "Halloween candy" per se. But I liked Flying Saucers sweets, which is probably close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot
    2. Nope, not wearing a costume because we have a lot of teensy weensy ones in our neighbourhood and I don't want to scare them.
    Sounds like someone needs to go get themselves a Meloetta hat.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Party for my students on the 2nd! Dressed up as a samurai! My wife has a sexy miko-girl outfit to match! And we have a real party to go to later that evening as well

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    I'll need to look into Deep Down, as the TGS footage was amazing. That's pretty disappointing that it was not actual gameplay footage :/.
    Yes, the video footage was amazing. The gameplay demo was sorely disappointing. I really had more fun playing MapleStory 3DS half an hour later.