Thread: Preview - Ys: Memories of Celceta

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Preview - Ys: Memories of Celceta

Many North American RPGamers will be looking for something to do while digesting the turkey this Thanksgiving. Is XSEED's timely launch of Memories of Celceta likely to make it an Ysy choice?

[ Had to be done. ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

FYI:

"Tonkin House on the Super Famicom (which was remade for PS2 in 2005) and Hudson Soft on PC."

Hudson's release was actually for the PC Engine CD (known in the west as the TurboGrafx-16 CD, or Turbo Duo), not the PC.

Also, Omza --> Ozma.

Great writeup otherwise, though! Always glad to hear people gushing about Ys.

-Tom

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Least I know I can rely on you guys to point out stuff like that, fixed
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I miss the old artist that worked till Ys origins....
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I miss the old artist that worked till Ys origins....
    Glad I'm not the only one! Best art in the entire series was from right before that game -- Ys V, Ys VI and Ys Felghana, pretty much in that order. That '90s anime flair was lost around the time of Origin, and while I think Chronicles and Celceta in particular managed to recapture a lot of what made it awesome, the heights of '90s badassery that Falcom reached with Ys V have not yet been seen again.

-Tom

The best way to digest your turkey is with hot chocolate, a nice comfy couch, and some Ys.
    Last edited by Macstorm; 11-15-2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Friendly Neighborhood Y's to Ys Edit
    Currently Playing:

Mystic Ark
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    Dynasty Warriors 8

https://www.amazon.com/author/gilbertfranco

This is going to be the game that makes me get a Vita. I have so much love for the Ys series. I'm going to have to replay VII, Origins, or Oath to hold me off I think.