Thread: Turn-Based RPGs up for Kickstarting

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Turn-Based RPGs up for Kickstarting

A recent RPGamer poll demonstrated a strong preference for turn-based combat amongst our readership. We've checked in with Kickstarter and found three games featuring just such a combat system. Meet Lords of Xulima, Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore, and Graywalkers: Purgatory.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I like the looks of the first and third games (though the pitch video for the 3rd was a pretty rough). The second's not really my style. I'm glad RPGamer is taking a look at Kickstarter games.

Torment (already kick-started) just sent out a poll of backers asking them to express a preference for turn-based or real-time with pause (like Baldur's Gate I assume).

Hi!

I came here cause i just back Deathfire and the goal will probably not being reach.
    I would like some old school rpg like this one. And since this guy made Realms of Arkadia i would like to see something new from him.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, Mr. Henkel hasn't been having good luck with Kickstarter, I'm sorry to say (he had an unsuccessful project last year, too). Seems like the games need a bigger pre-Kickstarter publicity period or something. This also seems to be a tough time of year for Kickstarters. Everybody's spending their extra cash on presents and/or Black Friday sales. I saw a number of solid Kickstarters fail around the holidays last year, too.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Yeah, I know a few people who are waiting to release a KS in Jan/Feb. Anything after September unless you're a BIG NAME(tm) seems to be poison, at least for video games.