Thread: Lightning Returns for Two More Trailers

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Lightning Returns for Two More Trailers

Lightning is back. This time she's shopping, trying on new clothes, and meeting with old friends to celebrate her return to Japan. Speaking of customisation, western RPGamers may be interested in the option to expand her vocabularly to a second language.

[ Unfortunately, still not available in the original Klingon ]
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 11-21-2013 at 06:40 AM.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I'll get the Japanese voice-overs, just to see in a second playthrough if the Japanese voices top the American voices (my ears may not be able to tell the difference).
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

well because i ave absolutely no interest in this game i will not be getting the voice overs because i wont even attempt this game until its under $10 in which case i would have to pay for them which is utterly ridiculous and another instance of SE sucking that little bit of extra money they can from their fans in such undermining ways. That being said i did just watch the ending because i really dont care about being spoiled and heard rumors it was bad (its indeed complete garbage btw) but i can definitely tell they are far superior based on Lightning's voice alone.
    Last edited by AncientRune; 11-22-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Felt I should bump this for Kotaku's import preview. Let me know if I shouldn't have done this, and I'll take it down.
    User Database Check

i have one piece of advice for those of you planning to buy lightning returns: Make sure you preorder to get the cloud strife ffvii costume.
    Welp good to know game journalism has finally become complicit in this nonsense.

But I guess I clicked the link even though I knew it was Kotaku so they win.
    Last edited by Drav; 12-06-2013 at 11:55 PM.

It wouldn't be the first time an overpowered weapon was a pre-order bonus or a DLC in a Final Fantasy. In FFXIII-2, the special weapons for Noel and Serah are powerful enough to where you only really need to change them out at endgame. I found this out because one of my friends bought the two weapons for me on a whim. They made an already easy game (really easy game) easier.
    User Database Check

I'd like to assume people are intelligent even though I should know better.

I read the journalist's comment as: If you want an easier game, then preorder. I imagine many of you did the same. Like I said, I'd like to assume you are all intelligent. I see no evidence otherwise, so I'll continue to believe.
    Personally, I'd rather have a cheaper game, so I'll buy the game late 2014, where it will probably be ~$20.

I'm Day 1ing the game just because I've already gone deep enough into the rabbit hole. Plus I owe them for not being able to Day 1 FFXIII and FFXIII-2 (I always day 1 a FF game, it's tradition for me).
    User Database Check