Thread: Annual Fees for Pokémon Bank Announced

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Annual Fees for Pokémon Bank Announced

Collectors and the competitively-minded eagerly await the arrival of the Pokémon Bank. After all, it's hard to keep track of four generations worth of pocket monsters.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    For those curious about how much current exchange rates means these match up:

USD 4.99 = USD 4.99 (crazy)**
    AUD 6.50 ≈ USD 6.01
    EUR 4.49 ≈ USD 6.04
    NZD 8.50 ≈ USD 6.99
    GBP 4.99 ≈ USD 8.06

boooo :P (disclaimer: I'm not fussed, that's still not all that much and didn't intend to get it in the first place. I just like looking at stuff like this for curiosity's sake )

** Dunno if this incurs sales tax on top in North America (something that's often ignored when considering US/EU prices)? The other prices will be including any taxes, so would make up some of the shortfall if so.
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 11-21-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

So $5 a year, versus at minimum $130+tax for a 3DS-capable system and probably the successor system since Bank is forward compatible...

I'LL ALLOW IT!
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    You're right, Severin, that $5 does not include sales tax, which Nintendo is absolutely scrupulous about collecting from North Americans.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

And I'm absolutely scrupulous about minimizing my tax exposure by keeping my eShop account in Alberta.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I hear Dartmouth, Alberta has lovely waves... of grain.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Severin Mira View Post
    For those curious about how much current exchange rates means these match up:

USD 4.99 = USD 4.99 (crazy)**
    AUD 6.50 ≈ USD 6.01
    EUR 4.49 ≈ USD 6.04
    NZD 8.50 ≈ USD 6.99
    GBP 4.99 ≈ USD 8.06

boooo :P (disclaimer: I'm not fussed, that's still not all that much and didn't intend to get it in the first place. I just like looking at stuff like this for curiosity's sake )

** Dunno if this incurs sales tax on top in North America (something that's often ignored when considering US/EU prices)? The other prices will be including any taxes, so would make up some of the shortfall if so.
    Since there isn't a national sales tax in the United States, that price is by itself. If you're in one of the few states where taxes are levvied on interstate commerce (or if you live in Washington State), taxes will be added onto the price afterward.

I still don't get why you can't transfer from B/W by communicating with a DS, or barring that, just have an app that does the transfer locally. Swapping carts isn't THAT odious, and you'll likely have to do so anyway to get the pokemon transerred via Pokemon Bank.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    Collectors and the competitively-minded eagerly await the arrival of the Pokémon Bank. After all, it's hard to keep track of four generations worth of pocket monsters.

Story
    Apparently harder to keep track of than you thought originally, since this is the 6th generation...

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Third gen, fourth gen, fifth gen, and sixth gen; that's four generations. Sure, there are the remakes of gens one and two, but they were released during the third gen and fourth gen periods, respectively. You can't actually transfer Pokemon from the original red/blue/yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal into the more recent games.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "