Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlus Announces a Plethora of Personas

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Atlus Announces a Plethora of Personas

No, it's not a typo. Persona 5 is following recent series tradition by releasing on the PlayStation 3 late next year. In addition, certain RPGamer staff members may be currently having fits over a spinoff game starring Chibi Mitsuru.

Persona!

Watch this space for updates once it isn't Sunday.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Not sure if want on the 3DS Persona game, but I can't wait for P5, and for that dancing game they announced...because I got the dancing fever!
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Classic Console Junkie redwing42's Avatar
    Welp, that's the move that makes me get a PS3. Surprised they didn't make it multi-platform(like Catherine), but maybe they are worried about the viability of the X360 by release next year. Also how ridiculous is that Persona Q game? I want that yesterday.

The dancing game will certainly have a great soundtrack, but if they try to tart up Chie somehow I will have words with them. Words.

Bonus trailers for the games we're not covering:

Aaand Persona 4 Arena Crazy Title Yo:

Etrian Persona: I'll do what I did with EOIV and Untold: Play the demo, and delete as soon as I see the first tarted up 7-year old. Please tell me there won't be a tarted up 7 year old.

Persona Miku: Uh... k...

Persona 4 Arena Championship Edition: Any chance they do a Duodecim and include the whole first game? Please?

Persona 5: Would have been interesting to see if they bothered to bring it to WiiU for off-TV play or touchscreen Persona fusing/social link status, but a PS3 is fine too.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Did...DID I JUST SEE ADACHI-BABY!?
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I noticed (or didn't notice actually) a couple other things there. First, lack of a 360 logo for P4U2 was disappointing, though I wonder if they just leave those off the Japanese videos anyway. Also, there were no SEGA logos anywhere to be seen, either.

And I don't even know what to say about that dancing game. Like, my mind simply cannot form a coherent thought about it.

chaotic neutral observer ironmage's Avatar
    P5? P4D? P4U2? PQ?

Chibi Aigis? Chibi Elizabeth?

SQUEE!

I know nothing about dancing games, but I knew nothing about fighting games, and I still loved P4A.

Perhaps we will see coverage of some of these in the RPG Elements feature?
    Only the livin' have the privilege of sayin' they'll fight ta the last breath.
    And words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man...
    --Raven

Tis a great great to be a persona fan!
    What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul.

Here's hoping that Santa will bring me that Nintendo 3DS that I wished for... ;D

PersonaQ looks ridiculous and probably the story is contrived and nothing to write home to, but I'll buy it anyway in anticipation for P5. <3

I'm extremely happy about the new Persona 5 coming to the PS3 I will say that I'm getting a bit worried about some of these other side games coming out. Its understandable and rather smart to do a Persona on the 3DS, even the fighting game is somewhat acceptable considering how decent the other one was, but now we're having Persona tied to the dancing game genre? I don't want Atlus to over-saturate this series like Square Enix has been doing with FF series of late with games that shouldn't really have been made in the first place. I'm especially concern now with their new Partnership with Sega that they may end up doing just that (i.e. the Sonic games).

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Paladin View Post
    I'm extremely happy about the new Persona 5 coming to the PS3 I will say that I'm getting a bit worried about some of these other side games coming out. Its understandable and rather smart to do a Persona on the 3DS, even the fighting game is somewhat acceptable considering how decent the other one was, but now we're having Persona tied to the dancing game genre? I don't want Atlus to over-saturate this series like Square Enix has been doing with FF series of late with games that shouldn't really have been made in the first place. I'm especially concern now with their new Partnership with Sega that they may end up doing just that (i.e. the Sonic games).
    I feel almost the opposite, actually. I'm ok with a number of side games coming out to make ATLUS money, so long as the core games are still great. I feel like the core FF games (and Sonic games) have dropped in quality lately, and the side games became more of a focus. In fact, if the side games are good (like P4A was), then the more, the merrier.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    The reveal for all of these was incredibly fun. I was laughing so hard when they announced the dancing game... It all looks pretty fun. I kinda wish that Persona 5 was PS3/Wii U rather than just PS3, but you never know. Something might change between now and winter 2014.

Still, I would have liked more info about Persona 5! Give us more than just enslaved chairs!

I stayed up way too late last night because of this... So tired...

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    So happy that the new P4A game is a sequel and not just an add-on. I want more of that story, it ended on such a cliffhanger!

P5 isn't really surprising, but great to know that it's on the way.

PQ... wtf? I don't know what it is or how it will play, but I want it.

As for P4D... big question I want answered is whether it's going to have a shockingly deep story mode like P4A did. Because if so...
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    CHIBI MITSURU!

Ocelot included that just for me. I feel loved. <3

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Persona 4: Dancing All Night looks sharkjumpalicious, but the rest of it looks interesting. Sad that P5 isn't going to the PS4, really, but hopefully this means another awesometacular Golden version to get on Vita the following year.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    The reveal for all of these was incredibly fun. I was laughing so hard when they announced the dancing game... It all looks pretty fun. I kinda wish that Persona 5 was PS3/Wii U rather than just PS3, but you never know. Something might change between now and winter 2014.

Still, I would have liked more info about Persona 5! Give us more than just enslaved chairs!

I stayed up way too late last night because of this... So tired...
    Yeah, the way they revealed everything was causing people to panic (which was pretty amusing in itself). 3 Persona games announced over a period of 40 minutes and no mention whatsoever of Persona 5. Of course, it made no sense for Teddie to introduce P5, so when he started panicking as the TV world set faded away and another countdown clock started, it was pretty obvious what was coming.

The 3 Persona 4/3-related games are just appetizers for the main course that is Persona 5. I'm curious to see what PersonaQ turns out to be like . . . I imagine the story will be pretty contrived, but as long as the gameplay is good (as it should be for an SMT game), I'm sure I'll play it.

The 3DS title is directed by the Etrian Odyssey guy, which makes me wonder if that's the sort of labyrinth the game will be modeled on. It also has... some faces from Persona 3 I wouldn't think would pop up in a subsequent title. I see at least 2. So, that game is a bunch of question marks. I guess it could be one of those totally removed crossovers like that 3DS one with all the Namco/Sega/Capcom characters. One of the strengths of Persona is the character development and story though... that sort of game didn't do much other than make a few references to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    PQ... wtf? I don't know what it is or how it will play, but I want it.
    It's made by some of the folks that make EO, so expect Etrian Persona Odyssey hopefully with more story like EO Untold.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm