Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 107 - Tactical Stars of Destiny

Cosmo Nova RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 107 - Tactical Stars of Destiny

There was a long break after Suikoden III, and the results did not seem to warrant confidence in the series' future. The Island Nations and their struggle with the Kooluk Empire are the subject of this fairly restrained Suikoden episode.
    How to enunciate Rune Cannon? Hm....
    'The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.' So this is it, huh folks?

I think next year will be my year of Suikoden. Thanks for the commentary about these games, I've got a better idea what to expect now.

As for the games mentioned that are on GOG, the only one I remember specifically was Dragon Lore. I got this game with a video card or a sound card I got, it was one of the first CD based games I remember getting. I remember trying to install it several times, but it had some odd hardware requirements that made it so that the only way I could actually get it to run was if I set up a special boot setup and basically booted straight into the game instead of DOS. Even then, it was barely playable. So I don't have much to say about the game, just that it was a royal pain in the rear at the time for me to even get it to run.

Would have been awesome if this were episode 108...
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain

I was thinking the same thing, ACP.