Thread: Kickstarter Check-In: Fairy Tales

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Kickstarter Check-In: Fairy Tales

Today's Kickstarter report features Festival of Magic and Bloom: Memories, two games with charming fairy tale-style art. They feature interesting twists such as growing one's ammunition and the option of non-violent gameplay.

Note: Kickstarter Check-In is a new news department project that aims to provide coverage of crowd-funded RPGs on the kind of schedule our volunteers can sustain. We'll be looking both at games with current funding drives and those that have been successfully funded and are in development. Despite the name, we're not averse to covering interesting titles from Steam Greenlight or Indiegogo or wherever. Full site coverage of games featured in Kickstarter Check-In (such as ongoing news coverage and reviews) will be evaluated as games are successfully funded, develop, and come out. Hope you enjoy!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Update, also added to the article: As of December 9, Snowcastle has decided to postpone the Festival of Magic Kickstarter until February, 2014. The company hopes to better prepare for its fundraising campaign and increase exposure to the game by scheduling outside of the Christmas season.

(I keep sayin' that from mid-November to the end of the year is a terrible, terrible time to run a video game Kickstarter. Take heed, indies!)

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm actually pleased to hear that because I would like to see it fund and it didn't seem to be having any traction right now. I think that indies without much clout (ie- big names, previous hits) should really consider the timing of their kickstarter.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

It was a very good move to postpone it. THis is not a good period for funding projects.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.