Thread: Obsidian Builds Pillars of Eternity

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Obsidian Builds Pillars of Eternity

Project Eternity now has an official title, and it's not Deadly Shadows Over the Dyrwood: Eternity Chronicles: Volume 1: The Reincarnating: An Urquhart Joint. It's just Pillars of Eternity, and it has a new trailer and website, too.

Article Here!

(Link to blurb reference)

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Chills down my spine. I love it.

Any mention of a release date?

2014 is all we know. Guessing Q3/Q4. A setback for my Fantasy Gaming list.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I'm very excited to see more of this game, in particular more gameplay footage. It seems like one of those games that story wise will be very unpredictable, keeping the players on the edge of their seat as it progresses.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me Nim.

That trailer was great. I'm really looking forward to this one. Can't wait to tackle that 15 level dungeon.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

What is this? An action-RPG?
    It looks good.
    ---
    Edit: Thank you.
    Last edited by Slayer; 12-14-2013 at 07:22 AM.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    What is this? An action-RPG?
    It looks good.
    It'll have real time with pause combat like the Baldur's Gate series. It's a throwback to those old Infinity Engine games (and is PC only).

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Can't wait for this game. The infinity engine games came around back when I was first getting into RPGs (3rd year of high school . . . I actually didn't grow up playing RPGs), and we've kind of been starved for options as far as that type of game goes lately. I love New Vegas and The Witcher for the way they handle quests and storytelling in a non-linear, choose-your-own-adventure way, but the more action-oriented, less strategic combat has never held as much interest for me as the combat in the infinity engine games (well, except for Planescape: Torment, but that one more than makes up for it's lackluster combat).

I'm actually less excited by this trailer than by a screenshot included in their kickstarter project update #67, which shows the interior of a dungeon/house/dwelling in their development tools. There are markers for a Shadow Lord Valtas, a Shadow Emilio Valtas, and a Valas Brothers quest next to what looks like a dead body (that last one almost looks like a misspelling on their part . . . going to need some QA?). For some reason, that screenshot is ridiculously intriguing to me. I want to know what that quest is.
    Last edited by Azilis; 12-13-2013 at 05:31 PM.