Thread: FInal Fantasy XI Invites Old Players Back

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

FInal Fantasy XI Invites Old Players Back

Even though it feels like the world has been overrun with Lalafell and Miqo'te, many Final Fantasy fans still long for the days when it was overrun with Tarutaru and Mithra instead. If you share that sentiment, now is a good time to answer Vana'diel's call.

[Link]

Thanks go to maryadavies for pointing out the trailer to us.

As much as I love FFXI, it always amazes and dismays me to see how low things have to go before SE does things like this.

She Shoots For The Stars Moderator maryadavies's Avatar
    Sadly yeah. Pop is really awful at least on the NA side..on quetz. (600 or so NA prime time avg.) I won't say we need a merge since I don't know what the full pop is, there may be a lot of JP players and I don't know it b/c I don't stay up late...

I do hope this is a sign of things to come and that trailer was a huge surprise to many in the FFXI communities. This is the first time that I can remember that a update's gotten this hyped.

Oh and btw, update is live and I think so far, it's cool. The only problem with the hp warps is..remembering which is which lol. ^^
    Last edited by maryadavies; 12-13-2013 at 02:57 PM.

My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    I may as ell ask since I couldn't figure this out while writing the article...

Is the free trial for all the content available to someone who doesn't have an existing account? If so, it might not be a bad time to take a short break from FFXIV and see what its predecessor is really like... Except that the FFXIV 2.1 patch is coming right in the middle of this event. You'd think they'd space those out just a little.

She Shoots For The Stars Moderator maryadavies's Avatar
    I don't think it's for anyone who hasn't played before. You have to have a existing account (even if you didn't play for long) to take advantage, the way I understand it. It's a Return to Vana'Diel campaign after all. (they are going after old players who canceled their accounts.)

That being said, there is a free trial client already to get a taste of the game, tho it isn't as expansive as this. I can find you a link if you want TwinBahamut, and if you wanted to come to Quetz I'd unbend enough to pl you to 10. (My main is WHM, and I usually don't powerlevel. After 10 however, I could bring out one of my other jobs so we could level sync; so no need to pl beyond that.).

Also if that isn't to your taste, keep a eye out for Amazon game deals/coupons to get a inexpensive copy of the full game. Steam also has FFXI but considering steamed FFXI tends to have problems, I can't recommend getting it off steam even if they have a sale. Amazon however never has problems and you can install it as many times as you need to.
    Last edited by maryadavies; 12-15-2013 at 05:45 AM.

My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    well besieged is a lot more fun because only like 10 people show up and it makes it harder.

wish they would've increased the level of that.