Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Take a Guided Tour of Nova Crystallia

  1. #1
    Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Milton Keynes, England
    Posts
    1,506

    Take a Guided Tour of Nova Crystallia

    Those looking for an overview of what features to expect in Lightning Returns when it hits in February should find themselves well catered for with this new trailer. Also included are details of the game's North American collector's edition.

    [ Pretty movies ]
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

  2. #2
    This game looks like it could be far and away the best of the three.
    If it's anywhere near as well polished as Xenoblade...
    But if any parts of its development are rushed out, i can also see how a lack of polish would really kill this.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NefarioCall View Post
    This game looks like it could be far and away the best of the three.
    If it's anywhere near as well polished as Xenoblade...
    But if any parts of its development are rushed out, i can also see how a lack of polish would really kill this.
    considering that XIII and XIII-2 are the worst jrpgs ever made it cant be that hard to be better than them

  4. #4
    A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Batesburg, South Carolina
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientRune View Post
    considering that XIII and XIII-2 are the worst jrpgs ever made it cant be that hard to be better than them
    That's your opinion. I could name quite a lot of JRPGs that are horrid, but I will desist to avoid starting an opinion war. Consider this a HEAVILY suggested hint for you to do the same, I don't like having to deal with opinion wars.
    Last edited by DarkRPGMaster; 12-25-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    That's your opinion. I could name quite a lot of JRPGs that are horrid, but I will desist to avoid starting an opinion war. Consider this a HEAVILY suggested hint for you to do the same, I don't like having to deal with opinion wars.
    Sorry cant help myself from getting more angry every time i see what i believe to be a waste of resources that could have been used to accelerate the production of Versus XIII/XV

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientRune View Post
    Sorry cant help myself from getting more angry every time i see what i believe to be a waste of resources that could have been used to accelerate the production of Versus XIII/XV
    SE isn't what they used to be though. They need the money made from games like this that are cheaper to develop to fund other games in development.

  7. #7
    Member Berserk_Alucard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    92
    I'm sure they are doing quite well with their recent moves into western games via Eidos. As for this, the FFXIII games always frustrate me, always one step forward two steps backwards with the changes. Customisation-good! Time based quest content-bad! Social network integration-bad! I'll still be getting this one to see how the 'story' ends.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious View Post
    SE isn't what they used to be though. They need the money made from games like this that are cheaper to develop to fund other games in development.
    I'd still think they dug their own graves by pushing the Xenogears genius out of their company ... and then doing that again later with others...
    Having hundreds of people splitting the resources for years over on FFXI and FFXIV though only further complicates that (and i love both games).

    As for FFXIII, i did enjoy it.
    Still, i can't help wondering if the entire project was a glom of ideas some years ago, the best of which did not end up being the central title.
    I am writing of course, of Type-0 and Versus. Both of which originally intended as XIII universe games, and either of which could have been made the core numbered entry.
    Even taking the Versus development issues into account, the story itself could have been harnessed, or Type-0 prioritized.

    I tend to look more favorably on the series recent history as a whole due to XI being my favorite entry, and my love of XIV,
    Still, much as it would have been preferable if the initial XIII title was so good as to be undeniably the landmark of quality to come out of this 'verse',
    it is not, and i do not mind because it IS okay.

    I am of the opinion that looking to even one title within this creative grouping as being that high mark entry is enough to hold the other entries in a higher light.
    Same as that if the highest entry is only FFXIII, then the grouping is shed in a lesser light.

    Even taking Versus out of this as it is now FFXIV and we don't know what it will be as a finished product,
    Type-0 seems to have garnered a consensus of being a higher level title.
    For those who need that higher level title to be localized and/or specifically in this trilogy, then this last entry is the key.
    I suppose a lot of movie trilogies work similarly.

    I do hope this game is as good as it appears it could potentially be.
    Last edited by NefarioCall; 12-26-2013 at 11:34 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientRune View Post
    considering that XIII and XIII-2 are the worst jrpgs ever made it cant be that hard to be better than them
    If you honestly believe that then you clearly haven't played Lunar: Dragon Song or the RPG story mode on Ehrgeiz
    Last edited by Sam = Wise; 12-27-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •