Thread: Inazuma Eleven Possibly Coming to America

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Inazuma Eleven Possibly Coming to America

Could the Inazuma Eleven series actually be arriving in the part of the world that says "soccer" instead of "football"? There's only one thing to say about that: goooooooooooooooooooooooal!

::Rolls around on the pitch nursing a fake leg injury while providing a link::

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    As far as I'm aware the EU release of Inazuma Eleven 3 basically used the versions of 3 from the Compilation (it was originally release on DS in Japan). I wouldn't be surprised to see them getting similar treatment in North America and for this game (should it actually exist :P) to just be the 3DS version of the first game, it would seem to make more business sense. There's not exactly much upgrade technically from the DS to 3DS releases as it is.

They're pretty fun though
    (Any excuse to self-promote)
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    I really hope it's true, and that it's the 1-2-3 compilation. I've wanted to play this series forever but they just refuse to release it in North America. Bringing over all three games in one package would be a dream come true.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

I hope it's true. I've wanted to play the games for a while. Will totally buy if/when it comes.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

My money is on it being an eShop release of the first game based on the 3DS collection. Small project, quicker release, and testing the waters all at once.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    I am curious but i have been twice burned by the works of Akihiro Hino...

Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    My money is on it being an eShop release of the first game based on the 3DS collection. Small project, quicker release, and testing the waters all at once.
    I could definitely seeing them going e-Shop only, but considering that all three games in the 3DS collection have already been localized, I don't see why they wouldn't just release the trilogy if they're gonna do it.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Could the Inazuma Eleven series actually be arriving in the part of the world that says "soccer" instead of "football"?
    From soccer to football and then back to soccer, the circle is complete.

(i.e. the Japanese call it soccer, too ;p)

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    PLEASE let this come. I've long wanted to try this series out, give me the chance NoA!
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    I could definitely seeing them going e-Shop only, but considering that all three games in the 3DS collection have already been localized, I don't see why they wouldn't just release the trilogy if they're gonna do it.
    Because Nintendo.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Because Nintendo.
    QFT. Never underestimate the silly things Nintendo does.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Actually, the 3DS collection has 6 games as it contains all the different versions I believe :P I'd also point out that one game in the Compilation hasn't been released in Europe at this point (Inazuma Eleven 3: The Ogre, but it is due out in Q1 here so the localisation probably does exist in some state). Part of it also depends on how simple it is to plug the localisations from the first two from DS to 3DS. If that does take much effort then a test of the water makes more sense if it fails. And if it succeeds, selling them separately will likely earn the bigger return.
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I just looked at the linked page and do not see any mention of Inazuma Eleven on it, so my guess is that it was a mistake that was pulled, unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, it's been removed. Could mean it was a mistake and its not coming, or it could mean they just aren't ready to announce it yet. We'll have to wait and see.
    Follow me on Twitter

I imported the first one from the UK for my brother who's a big sports nut. He really liked it alot!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,