Thread: RPGCast - Episode 291: "Awesome Podcasts Done Quick"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 291: "Awesome Podcasts Done Quick"

RPGCast - Episode 291: "Awesome Podcasts Done Quick"

Video games aren't the only things that can be speedrun. Listen as we struggle to find news for 2014. Marvel at how many games Chris finished. Oh forget it, we know you're just going to watch Games Done Quick archives instead.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/291

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Awesome Podcasts Done Quick"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

I don't have time to listen but I love the reference to my favorite marathon.

Welcome back! I'm still trying to get used to all the "new dynamics" lol. Chris completes games now, and is married to our Paws. Qinn is employed. The Legendary Zoltan has become a father. My favourite game that was released same year (2013) was Zelda: A link between worlds-although technically is that an RPG? I wasn't actually as gripped as I thought I would be by Bravely Default or Fire Emblem.
    This year (2014) I'm looking forward to Reaper of Souls, Diablo 3 expansion, Etrian Odyssey Millenium girl, and the expected act 4 of Path of Exiles. I'm praying that the success of the 3DS encourages more games leading oto more competition leading to moar games or at least , really good games!

Oh yeah, I love how you don't just regurgitate stuff that, for instance, Giant Bomb mentions.
    Alex, sorry I forgot to mention ya, sorry bud, Happy New Year all.
    Anyways, another thing that's been backburning in my head, was the mention of a new Kirby in that Nintendo Direct feature back then, I can only hope Noodles hasn't already exploded with excitement.

Maybe I missed the podcast about it but I don't recall you guys talking about The Stanley Parable. I've heard from some other gaming podcasts that it should be in the running for game of the year. Other than that, I think the other game you guys underrated was the "how-many-times-can-strawberry eggs-get-Quinn-to say-naughty". ;-)
    Last edited by goateguy; 01-13-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    If I don't make it home, tell my wife I said Hello.

--Neutral Planet President

You can find awesome fractal art at my website: http://goateeguy.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by goateguy View Post
    Maybe I missed the podcast about it but I don't recall you guys talking about The Stanley Parable. I've heard from some other gaming podcasts that it should be in the running for game of the year. Other than that, I think the other game you guys underrated was the "how-many-times-can-strawberry eggs-get-Quinn-to say-naughty". ;-)
    I mentioned it in one of the ones towards the end of last year in the Now Playing segment. Also, it's Noodle who wants to cut out my vocal cords, not Strawberry.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I mentioned it in one of the ones towards the end of last year in the Now Playing segment. Also, it's Noodle who wants to cut out my vocal cords, not Strawberry.
    Lol, that is what I get for listening to 4 podcasts simultaneously about gaming while I work 7 hours a day in a freezer. (Also a lot of backtracking going on during that period but hey...that's not an excuse for mixing up Noodles and Strawberry) ;-)

So pardon me Quinn for not remembering that you had not mentioned about the game. >.<

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    ah, see, if i cut out your vocal chords i wouldn't be able to hear you talk. also, the new kirby is for 3DS and i don't have one of those

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goateguy View Post
    Lol, that is what I get for listening to 4 podcasts simultaneously about gaming while I work 7 hours a day in a freezer. (Also a lot of backtracking going on during that period but hey...that's not an excuse for mixing up Noodles and Strawberry) ;-
    I've been on the RPGCast a grand total of once, so that won't be a mix-up you'll be making again, I imagine.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    I've been on the RPGCast a grand total of once, so that won't be a mix-up you'll be making again, I imagine.

No mam'! XD

Hey guys, i've been listening to the podcast for about two years now so i figured it time for me to leave some feedback. One of my favorite games of 2013 was Guacamelee!, it's not a rpg but it has some great challenging platforming and boss battles with an awesome art style and combat system. After finishing it in about 6 hours i was wanting more. I played it on ps3 but i've heard that it's a perfect game for the vita, thanks for the entertainment every week and keep up the great work

There was talk of a Layton 7 game last year, but it sounded like a completely different style of gameplay and might not even star Professor Layton.

Apparently people have completed the whole of Bravely Default with random encounters turn off, if Chris is worried about the grinding. Although I think that is meant to be some sort of challenge, for Square Enix members in Japan.

The fast forward options are in the demo. So you could set up 4 attacks with each character, put it on Auto with fast forward and run in circles to auto-grind. (There's also that beach by the temple in the demo.)

Legendary Zoltan's baby is named "Aika" ... that's not an Animal Crossing reference is it? No, I'm sure can't be.

Congratulations to him and his Mrs Legendary Zoltan in any case.

I thought I heard someone diss Glory of Heracles in this podcast, and that makes me sad. It had some of the best music I've heard on the DS (the random encounter theme changes four times!), an intriguing story, and a fast-paced combat sytem with a fair amount of depth. It was a genuinely fun game, and I made an RPGamer account just to say that.

BTW, I love both RPGCast and RPG Backtrack - they make my daily World of Warcraft grinds much less boring! I hope you all have a fun-filled new year.

That was me, and yeah, none of my memories are anywhere as glowing as that, sorry