Thread: Get a Job and Bravely Default

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Get a Job and Bravely Default

This new trailer shows off the many possible costume and ability sets available to the cute kids who star in Bravely Default. Vampire: it's not just a job, it's a career.

[Professional Link]
    Last edited by Ocelot; 01-15-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

When I grow up, I wanna be a valkyrie!

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Is vampire seriously in the game. I wonder if this job has got a story around it... like actually getting turned into a vamp or something. I would be curious to see how it would be implemented.

I still think its weird for men to be Valkyries....

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Generic sentence to avoid spoilered stuff appearing on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    Is vampire seriously in the game. I wonder if this job has got a story around it... like actually getting turned into a vamp or something. I would be curious to see how it would be implemented.
    iirc, it gets a load of the absorb abilities, but is also has the equivalent of Blue Magic. It's one of the last jobs you can actually unlock, but I don't there's any major story in terms of getting it, outside of some characterisation of the guy that does have it.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imercenary View Post
    When I grow up, I wanna be a valkyrie!
    When I grow up, I wanna be a freeloader!

... I mean lancer! FreeLANCER. What did I say?
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    Some side-quest material does have some details explaining how people can swap to different jobs quite easily.

And after finding a little out about the game's vampire, it kind of makes sense why there is a vampire job.
    It's basically the vampiric skills which they learnt during their immortality, rather than giving their immortality itself.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    This trailer got me pretty psyched for Bravely Default. Love a good class system, and there looks to be plenty of variety and customization here. Valkyrie and Time Mage look like potential mainstays. As long as you actually get to keep a party of 4 for the majority of the game unlike 4 Heroes of Light, I think this might end up being one of my favorites this year.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGod View Post
    This trailer got me pretty psyched for Bravely Default. Love a good class system, and there looks to be plenty of variety and customization here. Valkyrie and Time Mage look like potential mainstays. As long as you actually get to keep a party of 4 for the majority of the game unlike 4 Heroes of Light, I think this might end up being one of my favorites this year.
    Yeah, don't worry about that, you get all four pretty quickly and it's very rare that the party splits up. Even then it's brief and won't throw anything evil at you during it.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Thanks Severin, you've assuaged the only worry I had!
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Yeah after playing the demo, I can't wait for this