Thread: Everyone Can Go to the Pokémon Bank

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Everyone Can Go to the Pokémon Bank

If only actual banks didn't have transaction fees and allowed one to store one's adorable but deadly monsters for only $5 a year. Sure, we don't earn interest from the Pokémon Bank, but it's not like we earn much interest from real banks these days, anyway.

[I'm not cynical about modern financial institutions, no!]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I know! I'm just going to run my game all day.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 02-05-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Should be after 7th's. TIME TRAVEL.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Does that mean everyone will be online this week and I can finally get the 3rd safari pokemon from everyone who beat the game and never was online again? I LOVE POKEMON BANK WEEK!
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    One of my Wednesday first graders was proudly showing off his Jarouda (Serperior) yesterday. His daddy helped him set up the P-Bank.

I have now given myself 30 days to finish my White 2 single-type Elite 4 challenge before everybody goes in the Pokebank and over to X/Y.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Man, can you imagine if we did get interest from the Pokemon bank? We'd have fractions of a pokemon in there, it would be terrifying and probably a bit messy.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I'm dead set on getting that support log finished, but one of my friends wants to battle me using mine and his older Pokemon. Time to download the bank.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Gotta say, there are some baffling design decisions in this app, largely centered around the lack of touchscreen support and ANYTHING to do with PokeTransporter.
    Last edited by Shaymin; 02-07-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

The lack of touchscreen support is driving me nuts. I keep trying to tap the arrows next to the box to scroll through my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    If only actual banks didn't have transaction fees and allowed one to store one's adorable but deadly monsters for only $5 a year. Sure, we don't earn interest from the Pokémon Bank, but it's not like we earn much interest from real banks these days, anyway.

[I'm not cynical about modern financial institutions, no!]

But if they did offer interest can you imagine what they could get away with?

"I'm sorry about that you can only redeem your interest for .0023 of a Ditto"

*drops a thimble of pink sludge on the ground in front of you*

"Have a nice day!"

:-P
    If I don't make it home, tell my wife I said Hello.

--Neutral Planet President

You can find awesome fractal art at my website: http://goateeguy.deviantart.com

There is actually interest in the Pokemon Bank - you can get PokeMiles or Battle Points ingame for Pokemon storage.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    There is actually interest in the Pokemon Bank - you can get PokeMiles or Battle Points ingame for Pokemon storage.
    This is true, though I'd say they're more like a rewards point card than actual interest. I totally appreciate the BP, though. I can get those TMs a lot faster that way!

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I'm considering transferring almost all of my Pokemon from Ruby version onwards, just for those points. I don't do much in those games anyway, and it might give me a reason to replay them. I still haven't caught the roaming Suicune in LeafGreen, come to think of it...
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "