Thread: EvilQuest Arrives on Steam

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

EvilQuest Arrives on Steam

Galvis has made his triumphant return to the land of RPGs. EvilQuest, originally released back in 2012, has finally made it to the vast lands of Steam.

Story

I played this awhile back on the XBLIG. It was one of the better XBLIG RPGs that I've played.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Played it, beat it, had a fun time. Going to be working on Hard Mode later on.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

wow, some pretty good recommendations here, tempting with steam so accessible o_O

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    wow, some pretty good recommendations here, tempting with steam so accessible o_O
    Yeah, don't. I don't know what these guys are talking about, this game is awful. Had to review the XBLIG version a few years ago, one of the worst games of the year, hands down.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

I mean I didn't say it was good. It was mostly mediocre and unmemorable. But compared to other XBLIG RPGs, its not bad. Not as good as a Zeboyd game, but.. I think what I'm saying is there is a lot of garbage on XBLIG and this isn't that bad in comparison.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Yeah, don't. I don't know what these guys are talking about, this game is awful. Had to review the XBLIG version a few years ago, one of the worst games of the year, hands down.
    I've played worse...much worse. This is actually not that bad of a game, considering it does hit the fun factor well. I only have 1 of 2 requirements for me to like a game.

1. Said game's gameplay must be fun
    2. Story must be above average.

This game hits the first option well enough for me.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Okay, I guess "I've played worse" isn't a great recommendation but I agree with what you said. That fun factor is enough to have a good time but not a memorable time. I've played and enjoyed Zeboyd games, so I understand where the bar is set at.
    I've also got that- "I wasted money on past steam purchases warning flashing" in my head