Thread: Dead State in Early Access

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Dead State in Early Access

Remember Dead State? Developers DoubleBear Productions has been pretty quiet on this project. Perhaps it's a sign of an impending apocalypse? 'Cause really, the world needs more zombies.

Story

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    The world does not need more zombies! I kind of think these folks missed the zombie game boat, though at least a certain percentage of the gamer population doesn't seem tired of zombie games yet. I have no idea how.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    The world does not need more zombies! I kind of think these folks missed the zombie game boat, though at least a certain percentage of the gamer population doesn't seem tired of zombie games yet. I have no idea how.
    To be honest, I'm not a zombie fan and I'm not sure whether or not they are still popular. I just honestly had nothing to work with for a blurb outside of "Hey, remember this game? Of course you don't!" XD

Heh heh, I know!

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    This game has been in development for what feels like FOREVER. I'm thinking they must have a really small dev team. I've followed it off and on for the at least the last 2 years.

I like the idea its a zombie rpg. And not another shooter type game. From my understanding it is a turn-based strategy rpg. So at least that is different from other zombie games out there.

I've been following the game since it was announced. The reason it's taken so long is because the core development staff (and core technology) is shared with Iron Tower's The Age of Decadence, who up until Dead States' Kickstarter were basically divided between two projects on a part-time basis. I think the original idea was that Age of Decadence was only going to take another couple of years, after which time everyone was going to concentrate on Dead State, but Age of Decadence ended up taking way longer than anyone anticipated (I think they're now aiming for an April release), so they weren't really able to ramp things up until they managed to get some funding through Kickstarter.

I think the game looks fairly promising, being more or less a combination of Persona 3/4 and XCOM, but I'll be waiting for the full release.

If Age of Decadance ever actually releases I'll eat a Prinny.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    If Age of Decadance ever actually releases I'll eat a Prinny.
    Mmmmm a Prinny! I'll take mine with sugar and hot sauce please