Thread: Weapon Shop de Omasse - Staff Review

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Weapon Shop de Omasse - Staff Review

The last of Level-5's Guild games has finally arrived. But is it #awesome? #no #maybe #willsee

Staff Review

Still seems fun enough for me to give a shot. I'm a fan of Japanese tropes, manga, anime and all their wierdness. I notice there's strange meta-humour trend going sometimes, especially in the post anime skits, NPC as the true protagnoist? Also of course, reminds me of Recettear, one of my favourite games.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    unless I can every single pole-arm from the AD&D players handbook this game is a failure.

Bohemian Ear-spoons for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Still seems fun enough for me to give a shot. I'm a fan of Japanese tropes, manga, anime and all their wierdness. I notice there's strange meta-humour trend going sometimes, especially in the post anime skits, NPC as the true protagnoist? Also of course, reminds me of Recettear, one of my favourite games.
    This game is just forging though, right? Recettear has those time-locks on making payments, is mostly about sales (not creation), and technically you have those dungeon crawling elements.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    I think he was talking more about style, humor, and atmosphere than actual game mechanics.

So is this kind of like that one Dragon Quest game where you would buy a bunch of swords and then sell them. Then you took the profits and bought more swords and sold them?

I seem to recall enjoying that part of the game and them being disappointed that all of my profits were lost to continue the story.

Probably a bit closer although it doesn't sound like you are doing it for the money.
    Unless maybe you can lose by going broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    unless I can every single pole-arm from the AD&D players handbook this game is a failure.

Bohemian Ear-spoons for life!
    Oh, is this like the missing words round in "Have I got news for you"?

unless I can glomp every single pole-arm from the AD&D players handbook this game is a failure.

How about: backstab my own party with