Thread: RPGCast - Episode 298: "Dunking On Demons"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 298: "Dunking On Demons"

RPGCast - Episode 298: "Dunking On Demons"

For $10, Shaq will title this podcast. For $20, Manny will read a book on the podcast. For $3000, Anna Marie will cook you dinner. For $15000, Jon will take you on a tour of the Tower of London, travel expenses not included.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/298

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Dunking On Demons"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390

I'm trying to remember what the exact wording was, but I think Anna said there were no JRPG-style games from AAA Western devs? Wouldn't that be Child of Light? Sure, it's a $15 download, but that just means it's at the natural Ubisoft price right away instead of waiting two months.

Edit: That Kingdom Hearts survey also seemed to confirm that Theatrhythm Curtain Call is coming west. Hype~!
    Last edited by Shaymin; 03-08-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

If I did say that, I didn't mean to. Mostly I meant to impart a sense of "meh" about it, largely because of stuff like Child of Light hasn't won me over yet, while indies have

I agree with Jon. If you haven't played Anachronox, you missed one of the best JRPG-style games of all time. It has a fantastic space-opera story, interesting characters, and a very funny script. The game was built on the Quake 2 engine, so the graphics are blocky, but they're filled with character.

And Chris, not only did Ion Storm make Anachronox, they also made Deus Ex. If a studio can produce even one game as good as either of those 2, I don't care how many Daikatanas they churn out.
    Last edited by Azilis; 03-10-2014 at 03:59 AM.

In the UK oriental means Chinese, Japanese etc because Asian generally means Indians, Pakistani etc tho due to the internet & anime people are starting to follow the American style

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Just realized I forgot to announce that there's no RPG Cast this week. I'll be at a conference.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    I refuse to send book recommendations to Manny's RPG book corner because I am currently working on a feature for that (which will hopefully be up in April because school and tests are killing me and my reading has slowed down).

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I refuse to send book recommendations to Manny's RPG book corner because I am currently working on a feature for that (which will hopefully be up in April because school and tests are killing me and my reading has slowed down).
    We should be collaborating on that for an RPG Elements feature or for an ongoing feature. your video game related book reviews are always welcome and in fact desired content.
    Last edited by risingsun; 03-18-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by risingsun View Post
    We should be collaborating on that for an RPG Elements feature or for an ongoing feature. your video game related book reviews are always welcome and in fact desired content.
    Thanks for the offer, but I have to pass. I've had this feature plotted since last December, I've read all the texts I'm planning to showcase and I asked for staff help months back and didn't get much of a response that wasn't outside of the scope I was focusing on. May be there is something we can focus on for Elements that I haven't tackled? The feature's almost done at this point (not much left to do!). But seriously, thank you for the offer. It's very kind of you.