Thread: Divinity: Original Sin Now Due Out in Spring

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Divinity: Original Sin Now Due Out in Spring

Players looking forward to Divinity: Original Sin will have to be patient for a little bit longer. For the time being, perhaps this trailer will tide them over.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

This is one of the titles that really suprised me because I didn't really like how Divinity 1&2 looked like so I never really bothered checking on this series at all. This new Divinity title is however completely different! A totally different art style with bird view! So if there are other people ignoring this title because they didn't like the previous games, I recommend checking out the videos/trailers of the new title anyway! You might be as surprised as me.

It looks pretty cool, but I don't generally play games in multiplayer mode and I can imagine that having to role-play two different characters without co-op is going to be really jarring.

Edit: Actually the combat is turn-based so I don't see a problem with playing multiple characters.
    Last edited by Rya.Reisender; 03-14-2014 at 06:47 AM.

I don't mean combat. From what I've seen you control two different characters during dialogue, with two different sets of dialogue options. Sometimes the characters have conversations with each other, and if you're playing it as a single-player game you have to control both characters. That sounds like a really weird, schizophrenic experience to me. It's hard enough immersing yourself in the role of multiple characters in a single game a la Heavy Rain, but two at the same time? Jeez.
    Last edited by Drav; 03-14-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Hmmm, I think I have to try it to see how that works out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drav View Post
    I don't mean combat. From what I've seen you control two different characters during dialogue, with two different sets of dialogue options. Sometimes the characters have conversations with each other, and if you're playing it as a single-player game you have to control both characters. That sounds like a really weird, schizophrenic experience to me. It's hard enough immersing yourself in the role of multiple characters in a single game a la Heavy Rain, but two at the same time? Jeez.
    That's one of the options available to solo players. The devs have stated that you can set up an AI personality for the other character or disable the party chat feature. Apparently the former isn't in Early Access yet, but was recently reaffirmed. Not sure about the latter.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Role-playing as two separate characters? That sounds awesome. I always enjoyed it in DnD when a DM would let me use 2 characters instead of one. Bring on the crazy train!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    There's an entire PnP system that involves RPing your main character and all his/her mage apprentices. I forget what it's called, but I bet Fowl Sorcerous knows.

I do like a good couch co-op game, so I'll have to see how this one turns out.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

That's probably Ars Magica. I haven't played it myself so I can't comment on how well it works.