Thread: RPGCast - Episode 299: "I Want To Buy A Horse"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 299: "I Want To Buy A Horse"

RPGCast - Episode 299: "I Want To Buy A Horse"

RPGamer puts this episode out to pasture, along with Marc Whitten and Koji Igarashji. In the meantime, you can go play Star Trek Online on OSX and pick up the latest DLC for Blackguards. Ok, so maybe there wasn't much interesting news this week.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/299

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "I Want To Buy A Horse"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390

New Member Member
    Wow, episode 299 already. I hope the cast does something special for episode 300. As a listener from episode 50 or so, my one grip with the show is the amount of pre-planning on episodes seems to have dropped significantly. Episode 100 was an amazing homage to the cast, where Chris (I'm assuming) compiled the best of quotes for each of the regular podcasters. Contrast that with Episode 200, where none of the podcasters even realized it was episode 200 until the day of the show, and more recent episodes where as a listener I feel like I was dragging the other podcasters out of bed to talk about videogames. I feel that the planning is just not there anymore. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't continue watching the show for so many years if I didn't like the podcasters and feel like watching the show is an enjoyable way to start a Saturday afternoon. I just wish there were more themed content episodes and less, "Hey guys, what are we doing today - let's wing it" episodes.

Hmm, maybe if Chris doesn't have time to do something special for episode 300, maybe some of us other listeners can compile a list of top quotes/segments from previous episodes. Food for thought.

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Yeah, the problem with "celebration episodes" is as the show gets longer the planning and expectations get unreasonable. So yeah, I don't have any special plans for 300. But I can tell you that just as much planning goes into the normal shows now as it did back in the Episode 100 days! Apparently we just sound more jaded nowadays?

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    It is true that we haven't had that quick 2 min discussion topics segment in a while Or a longer discussion topic in general. Is that what you mean ChaosDrone? or are we all just jaded and sleepy?

New Member Member
    Having longer discussions is definitely a part of it. In previous episodes, I remember a lots of listeners supporting the idea of having more inside baseball discussions. However, I don't recall anything coming out of that feedback. Also, there was an instance a few episodes back where the topic of feminism in games came up, and it seemed like a great time for a discussion topic. However, Chris disappointingly put a stop to that conversation before it could begin. Maybe incorporating those longer discussion topics into the show would help out.

I wanted to reiterate that I think everyone is doing a great job on the podcast, and I look forward to them each week. Also, I don’t think you are all too jaded. I just want some more stuff to break up what sometimes feels like news->what have you been playing -> wrap up.