Thread: Half-Minute Hero 2 Speeding Towards Release

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Half-Minute Hero 2 Speeding Towards Release

Marvelous AQL has been dropping hints on social media about an upcoming release. It turns out that Half-Minute Hero 2 is racing its way to PC very soon.

Story

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Best news of the year
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Hmmm, the idea of Half-Minute Hero was nice but after ~20 stages it got boring to me, I didn't even get to unlock the other modes, so can't really talk about that. Not sure if I should get a sequel when I already got boring before finishing the first game.

The video doesn't actually tell anything about gameplay changes, though it kind of looks like they are in for a more interesting story.

Okay maybe I can help. HMH2 gives you more of hero mode from the original. The other modes have been stripped out. It essentially gives you more evil lords who want to destroy the world 30 seconds from now for silly reasons. If you didn't like hero mode from the original then this is not for you.

The original had 50 (hero mode) levels in total; I think this one has 100 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Okay maybe I can help. HMH2 gives you more of hero mode from the original. The other modes have been stripped out. It essentially gives you more evil lords who want to destroy the world 30 seconds from now for silly reasons. If you didn't like hero mode from the original then this is not for you.

The original had 50 (hero mode) levels in total; I think this one has 100 levels.
    I think it cuts out the other modes as well, which is probably okay since the other 3 modes weren't nearly as good. Still fun, but Hero 30 was the best of them.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

What will be the title of the article if this game gets delayed? Devs forced to reset time?

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    What will be the title of the article if this game gets delayed? Devs forced to reset time?
    The more they delay, the more expensive it gets for them. It's actually a surprisingly accurate analogy.
    Follow me on Twitter