Thread: Kickstarter Check-In - Pixel Noir

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Kickstarter Check-In - Pixel Noir

Hard-boiled detective RPGs are hard to come by, but SWDTech Games is hoping to make this dream a reality. Become a private eye, solve the case, live vicariously through your hallucinations, and help fund the Kickstarter.

Story
    Kickstarter

Wow, this game looks great! Combining horror with RPG is best anyway because I always play horror games for the good story and RPGs for good gameplay, but a combination of good story and good gameplay is even better.

When I read "inspired by Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy" I was like "Oh no not another Kickstarter that points out how it was inspired by Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy - that is totally inflated", but luckily the developer didn't actually use the word inspired but instead wrote:
    We grew up playing games like Final Fantasy, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger. Games that hold up as well today as they did in our childhood memories, but that haven’t transitioned well to newer platforms. We decided that the world needs a better quality of RPG’s for a new generation of devices. A game that’s focused on gameplay, that feels intuitive, as well as transportive. We’re out to flip all the tables, change the game, and walk out of the room with a jacket flung over our shoulders.
    Hope the Kickstarter is successful on this one.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    I did actually end up kickstarting this game. I REALLY hope it succeeds because so far the progress they have made looks fantastic!

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    I may have to chip in, as well, Nyx. Looks pwnsme!