Thread: Suikoden II May Finally Come to PSN

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Suikoden II May Finally Come to PSN

Greedy eBayers should tremble in fear, as Suikoden II may finally be arriving on the PlayStation Network. Suikoden fans, on the other hand, can prepare to party like it's 1999.

Edit, April 23: Edited story to reflect that the rating entry for the game has been removed from the ESRB site.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 04-23-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Story Update

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Exciting that people can finally get a chance to play these games without having to save their money for a physical copy.

I was initially worried that the value of my physical copy would drop off a cliff, however Earthbound still sells for a steep price for a physical copy, and I never sell my games anyway so I guess it doesn't matter much other than that I overpayed- even though I got the game for a steal at $85 for a complete copy.

And still no word on PSN classics finding their way over to the PS4 aside from Playstation Now, so I can't just sell my copy and buy it later.

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    And still no word on PSN classics finding their way over to the PS4 aside from Playstation Now, so I can't just sell my copy and buy it later.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on that right now. Word yesterday is that all the PSN/PS1/PSP games are apparently working on the Vita now. Next up would be getting it all working properly on the PS4
    Last edited by smacd; 04-22-2014 at 02:41 PM.

New Member Member
    Wow, talk about unexpected. I had Suikoden 2 on my backlog for years in hopes of a PSN release. I gave up on Konami ever doing so whether due to licensing issues or just apathy after seeing the first Suikoden's sales numbers. I ended up completing the game on my phone through emulation about 3 months ago. I will however make sure to purchase this release as a way of paying my dues so to speak, and encourage Konami to take another look at the possibility of continuing the franchise. Suikoden VI for PS4 or Vita would be nice, but realistically I would be alright with a localized version of the PSP game.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    One more than one occasion, I've sold a high priced game after an announcement of a PSN version. Great way to make a quick buck I have seen some games lose some value after a PSN release, though some do not. More on topic, I'm sure stoked about this.

Fabulous news. I haven't started in on the Suikoden proper series yet (only played Rhapsodia/Tactics and Tierkreis), and have other Suikodens in my backlog. Only missing 2 and 5.

Don't party too hard yet, the rating has since been removed.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Jmustang1968's Avatar
    For some reason, PS1 games seem to take a dive in price much more so than the Nintendo or cart games. Earthbound wasnt as affected, but I believe Suikoden II will be.

I hope they finally deliver! One of my favorite games of all time... I lucked across it in a pawn shop for $7.50 without ever having heard of Suikoden. The art looked cool, so I bought it. Would be great for all the others who've been unable to find a copy to finally experience what the hype was all about!

Hmm, might be time to sell my copy. I didn't realize that they had gotten so high priced. It was still $85-100 the last time I looked. I think I got mine used at $65. The collector in me doesn't want to break up my set of good condition originals (1-5+Tactics), though.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Wow I hope this does come to fruition. I always loved the Suikoden series, in particular Suikoden 2.

I was one of those fools who traded it in towards a new game years ago. I actually traded it in towards Dungeon Siege... I must not have had many brain cells in that phase of my life...

Anyhow I will definitely be getting this, as I have had a hankering to play it again for years, but refused to drop 200-700 dollars on it.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Hmm, might be time to sell my copy. I didn't realize that they had gotten so high priced. It was still $85-100 the last time I looked. I think I got mine used at $65. The collector in me doesn't want to break up my set of good condition originals (1-5+Tactics), though.
    I only have 3 and 5 so it's not a hard choice for me(I do have the first game but on PSN). I'll wait until I hear something more official than an esrb rating though.

We're borrowing a PS3, so I will definately be playing that! On anohter note, I've just joined Twitter so I can tweet my support for the Suikoden Revival movement.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    I was one of those fools who traded it in towards a new game years ago. I actually traded it in towards Dungeon Siege... I must not have had many brain cells in that phase of my life...
    Oh, ouch. That hurts.

Though it could be worse. It could have been Dungeon Siege 2.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Oh, ouch. That hurts.

Though it could be worse. It could have been Dungeon Siege 2.
    This is very true. Gotta look on the bright side eh

I'm always afeared I'll open the case and the simple act of observing the disk will cause some quantum trickery to make the disk burst into a poof of dust. I'll be glad to have it available on PSN. It's a game not a precious metal, more people should finally get the opportunity to play this game.