Thread: Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment Heads West

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment Heads West

You may not be familiar with the anime, but that isn't going to stop Bandai Namco from releasing the latest Sword Art Online game. Thankfully you can play offline, despite the name.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    I was honestly not expecting this to come over, since we seem to hardly ever get anime tie-in games over here. Still, this one looks quite interesting, and I might need to pick it up eventually. It's just one more reason to get a Vita, I suppose. That's getting harder and harder to resist these days (even if the one game I most want on that system hasn't been announced for localization...).

The game looks kinda interesting, I wonder if I should watch the anime first though.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    (even if the one game I most want on that system hasn't been announced for localization...).
    What game is that? For me right now the one I'd want most I think is the Atelier Rorona remake.
    Last edited by Pimpalicious; 04-23-2014 at 08:04 AM.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    I had heard this one already had English sub-titles in it, so seems to make sense it would come over.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious View Post
    The game looks kinda interesting, I wonder if I should watch the anime first though.
    Probably, though you only need to watch the first 14 or so episodes, actually. This game is a kind of "what-if" scenario that presumes things play out very differently after a certain point in the anime. Or rather, it is an alternate ending to the original light novel, which is found at episode 14 or so in the anime adaptation. I've seen a lot of people hate the anime, but I did enjoy it quite a bit, particularly the part that's relevant to this game.

What game is that? For me right now the one I'd want most I think is the Atelier Rorona remake.
    For me it is God Eater 2. I really enjoyed the original, and the new one looks really good. I'm beginning to think I might need to wait for them to announce and release an expanded Burst version, though. That would make it fit the pattern of both God Eater 1 and Monster Hunter 4, but it is miserable having to remain uncertain about its chances of release here.
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 04-23-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    Probably, though you only need to watch the first 14 or so episodes, actually. This game is a kind of "what-if" scenario that presumes things play out very differently after a certain point in the anime. Or rather, it is an alternate ending to the original light novel, which is found at episode 14 or so in the anime adaptation. I've seen a lot of people hate the anime, but I did enjoy it quite a bit, particularly the part that's relevant to this game.

For me it is God Eater 2. I really enjoyed the original, and the new one looks really good. I'm beginning to think I might need to wait for them to announce and release an expanded Burst version, though. That would make it fit the pattern of both God Eater 1 and Monster Hunter 4, but it is miserable having to remain uncertain about its chances of release here.
    OK thanks, I'll check the series out on hulu or crunchyroll then.

I forgot God Eater 2 is still up in the air, I still need to play more of Burst myself. I'm behind on the hunting games for the Vita already, haven't played Ragnarok Odyssey/Ace, Soul Sacrifice(will wait for Delta now though), or Toukiden and Freedom Wars is on the horizon as well.

Hooray!

I've been hoping this would see a western release after hearing about the version with English subtitles. Looking forward to it!

I see options to face edit... are you stuck in a black trenchcoat regardless though?

Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    I see options to face edit... are you stuck in a black trenchcoat regardless though?
    Hey, he earned that trench coat the hard way.

I liked the anime, don't have a Vita -.-, do have a borrowed PS3 hmn, might have to buy the PS3 off our friend , lol.

Hulu has every episode and the Movie.
    I am not ashamed to say I am addicted to this anime.
    I watched it on Cartoon Network, I got Hulu for it and watched it in its entirety plus the movie in one sitting, and when Netflix got it I watched it again.

It looks like I finally "Need" to get a Vita...
    Hopefully I won't be disapointed
    Kain: "Conscience...? You dare speak to me of conscience? Only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare to question my judgment!"

There is a huge free update coming to the japanese version in July said to add 30 hours of content. I guess the main game must be fairly long.