Thread: Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Are Mega Evolving

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Are Mega Evolving

In an announcement straight out of the blue, Nintendo will be re-opening the roads to Hoenn. It is time for Pokémon fans to sound their trumpets in celebration and start planning how to catch a Groudon all over again.

[Link]

New York (State, or City also? NO ONE KNOWS)
    This:

...but in 3D?

I'm okay with this.
    Twitters!
    Steams!
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-5875-0306
    Brave Frontier Player ID: 6146529113

I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on these games. Good news for series enthusiasts, though.

yep nintendo needs more money after that recent 23 billion yen loss

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I'm surprised it took this long. Though unless there is Event Legendary that can't be gotten easily, I doubt I'll be picking one of these up.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Is this the pattern? Just reskin all of the old Pokemon games as they age? Don't really have much of an issue with this, but does this mean we will get GREAT GOLD and SUPER SILVER next with the new engine???

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Nah, it'll be Red and Green/Blue again first. New additions will be full voice acting featuring the voice actors from Pokémon Origins.

I'm not sure which would be sillier--remaking Diamond and Pearl or re-remaking Red and Blue(Green). I suppose in two years the former will be ten years old, but still...

The trailer does mention a brand new story and such. These may be more re-imaginings than remakes. The story would have to be at least on par with Black and White to make me eventually get these games if they don't include an Event Legendary.

i'll be getting both for my girlfriend an I. She wants another like X and this should be close.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    I'm surprised it took this long. Though unless there is Event Legendary that can't be gotten easily, I doubt I'll be picking one of these up.
    Yeah, considering they did a Gen1 remake on GBA and a Gen2 remake on DS, how can anyone possibly NOT have expected this eventually.

Can't wait for the next system, when we get our Gen4 remake.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    3rd Gen is the only one I haven't played yet, so I'm totally down with these.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

She Shoots For The Stars Moderator maryadavies's Avatar
    I don't know how 'Cat would feel, but I think partly why they are doing this is the pending shut off of the pokemon network (that's at the end of this month)

I figured they'd rep the pokemon somehow that they are (prolly forced) to cut off, so this is it.

My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.

I've got a Blaziken in my bank who's been through every game since I got her in the first Sapphire on launch day... and now she's going home.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    <3 I love having Pokemon that travel with me through my various advetures. Chompy the Feraligatr and Stella the Honchkrow are some of my favourite long-term veterans.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I similarly have a male Blaziken named Illpalazzo (okay, more like ILLPALAZZO) that is eleven years old and has been with me since launch day when I started up Ruby. I have lots of Pokemon I caught and trained from that version. Even if I'm not certain if I will get these games, it will be interesting to return Illpala, Himeno, Chi, Hibiki, and the rest of them to Hoenn.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maryadavies View Post
    I don't know how 'Cat would feel, but I think partly why they are doing this is the pending shut off of the pokemon network (that's at the end of this month)
    I doubt that because Nintendo losing the servers happened unexpectedly and the company was too cheap or apathetic to migrate the older games to the servers Pokemon X/Y uses. Nintendo just found about about that in 2013, although I wouldn't be surprised if these remakes can be made in 12 months. Like MasterChief said, this is what Pokemon does, and it was probably planned a good while ago.

I'll wait until this one is out before deciding if I'll play it. I need to know if X/Y's extremely low level of difficulty was a one time thing, or a new direction. I don't think I can take two very easy Pokemon games in a row so I might pass.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

The problem with the DS Pokemon game wi-fi is that it's coded to use GameSpy, which is going offline shortly. It's not just a Pokemon problem, it's a "every Wii and DS game" problem, including Last Story.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    The problem with the DS Pokemon game wi-fi is that it's coded to use GameSpy, which is going offline shortly. It's not just a Pokemon problem, it's a "every Wii and DS game" problem, including Last Story.
    I know. I said Nintendo lost the servers unexpectedly, not Pokemon. They could have migrated online functionality to another provider, but chose not to. Regardless, it happened too recently for that to be the reason for the Gen 3 remakes coming out later this year.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.