Thread: Atelier Rorona Heads West Again

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Atelier Rorona Heads West Again

Rorona Frixell liked visiting America and Europe so much, she's doing it all over again. This time she's bringing over a heap of improvements and additions, plus the chance to do some synthesising on the go.

[ Barrel ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I knew this was coming but honestly I couldn't wait and bought the original instead, I'm sure the vendor was overjoyed .

New Member Member
    I'm glad this version is making it over, I wasn't 100% sure it would. K/T seems a bit cool on anything other than Dynasty Warriors games.
    This was the first Atelier game I played and while I enjoyed it, there were a lot of issues for a first time player. The game would offer you requests that you could not complete and it was easy to take on too many requests at one time and it would be impossible to finish them in the allotted time. Maybe part of my issues was it was my first Atelier game and now I understand how to play them and don't run into any issues. Well, at least now I have a clear choice to recommend for people to start with the series.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    I am very excited to play this again simply because Rorona deserved a makeover. I adored the original game, but I'm thrilled to see how the changes will be incorporated and I think i'd be great to play Rorona's story again. I've missed her.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jscarpe View Post
    I'm glad this version is making it over, I wasn't 100% sure it would. K/T seems a bit cool on anything other than Dynasty Warriors games.
    I don't know if that's entirely fair. We've been hearing about them in RPGs frequently here... IIRC, didn't they buy out Gust and begin putting out their titles in-house lately?

As to this, I'm definitely going to give it a shot. Missed out on the original, and hey, it's coming out on disc, so hey, that's one thing it's got over Child of Light.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    TK seems to be pretty dedicated to bringing the Atelier games out here, it just hasn't been doing enough PR for them. They appeal to a rather different audience than DW and I'm not sure the company knows how to promote them outside Japan.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I agree Sam, Rorona is a really adorable and hilarious character.

So its sounding like there is cross-save, do we know if there is going to be cross-buy for this release?

And I'm wondering what this time capsule feature will do that is supposed to let you send stuff into Totori Plus and Meruru Plus. Makes me glad I've waited for this one before I started this series.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    TK seems to be pretty dedicated to bringing the Atelier games out here, it just hasn't been doing enough PR for them. They appeal to a rather different audience than DW and I'm not sure the company knows how to promote them outside Japan.
    True enough. Then again, at least they're not Sega, who's effectively expunged everything of interest from western release.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.