Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 118 - Can't We Get Beyond Thunderdome?

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 118 - Can't We Get Beyond Thunderdome?

The ruins of the central Atlantic region of the US are open to in-depth exploration, as Bethesda takes a crack at the post-apocalyptic future. Thinking too hard about one's surroundings may strain neurons to the breaking point.
    Mmm, that's delicious water!
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

This was a good listen. I thought the debate, about whether the story pulls you out of the game or not, was interesting.

My personal experience with Fallout 3 is that it was the game that made me get an HDTV (eventually). A very nice friend got me and my wife an X-Box 360 and Fallout 3, after we got hit by a hurricane and lost most of our stuff. We were holed up with relatives, and had a small 14" tube TV, so we got back, and hooked it up, and my wife started playing. I look over and see her, nose nearly against the screen, trying to read text.

After an hour, she finally says: "...I can't read it no matter how hard I try."

Later, we got an HDTV, and this corrected itself, and all was good.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Hah! I've run into that issue myself...I'll have to share my story when I read your comment on the air!

Fallout 3...the game that got me into WRPGs! Love it.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macstorm View Post
    fallout 3...the game that got me into wrpgs! Love it.
    one of us, one of us.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

The LDTV to HDTV switch was totally a rite of passage for the 2000's-era gamer.

This podcast never works for me...it just stops in the middle of it, and I have to start listening from the beginning until is just randomly stops again.

I apologize. That's super weird. Each of our podcasts go through a 120 step quality control process to make sure that doesn't happen!

Ok..not really, but they generally work for most people. However, I'm going to guess that whatever method you use to listen works for other podcasts.

It may be the fact our podcasts are longer than most. I know that some players don't handle super long / big files very well. In my wife's car, playing longer podcasts is nigh impossible, but shorter ones under 30 mins work just fine. Have you tried playing them in a different player...or directly in Windows Media Player?

Quote Originally Posted by jcservant View Post
    I apologize. That's super weird. Each of our podcasts go through a 120 step quality control process to make sure that doesn't happen!

Ok..not really, but they generally work for most people. However, I'm going to guess that whatever method you use to listen works for other podcasts.

It may be the fact our podcasts are longer than most. I know that some players don't handle super long / big files very well. In my wife's car, playing longer podcasts is nigh impossible, but shorter ones under 30 mins work just fine. Have you tried playing them in a different player...or directly in Windows Media Player?
    Not sure. Every other podcast works fine for me on here, it's just RPG backtrack that does this. I will try what you said, and launch it in WMP directly instead of just the embedded player on the site. Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh...we don't have an embedded player (that I know of). Chances are the file is playing in your default player via the web browser. Hmmm...doesn't explain why its jumping though. Try saving the file to your computer, first, and then playing it in WMP (as you said) and let me know if that doesn't work