Thread: RPGCast - Episode 308: "608-729-4098"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 308: "608-729-4098"

RPGCast - Episode 308: "608-729-4098"

Beastly projects, free rule books, and cursed kings keep us entertained during the pre-3 info drought. Wait, why is Nintendo releasing a Gamecube controller adapter for the Wii U? And why isn't Natsume publishing this farming game? What is going on?

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/ rpgamer/308

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "The Answer Doesn't Matter"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390

My prediction for the most overhyped/over-covered show of the year: Pain.

Now that I've got that out of my systems, RPG related predictions:
    - Microsoft has no time for them with all the Halo, Forza and Call of Duty they'll throw out
    - Sony announces Beast Souls or whatever will be a 2016 game, Persona 5 gets the hammer slot in the 45 second PS3 montage, and the Vita isn't mentioned because SCEA hates me personally
    - Nintendo's X will have the DKCR:TF style December release date so it has an excuse to slip to early 2015, people will complain that the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire trailer exists, and Dragon Quest VII 3DS will be officially cancelled for the West if it hasn't already.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Happy Chris + Anna-versary!

... Hmm that hyphen looks confusingly like a minus sign. Maybe we could avoid that with: Happy Chris-Anna Add-versary!
    Yeah, I suggest playing Zelda: Four Swords to cement this relationship.

Chapter 6 in Bravely Default is halfway though the part people complain about. Plus it arguably starts getting better after that, as you know what to expect and the (optional) sidequests become more interesting.

And, umm... I racked up well over 200 hours before I reached Level 99. But I hadn't been grinding jobs and wasted time fighting all those Nemesis. (+ Golden Egg on random battles.)

I can think of any E3 predictions. Well except people keep asking for 3DS Majora's Mask, so maybe that or a sequel?

Grinsia and Denpa Men 3 were released on May 8 on the 3DS eshop (did Grinsia get released on other platforms?). I found an article on RPG Gamer about Grinsia's impending release, but can't find anything here about Denpa Men 2, let alone Denpa Men 3.

I bought Grinsia today; I'll start playing it this week. I'm looking forward to Anna's impressions of Mystic Chronicles, which I also have (it's on the "will get around to this sometime" list); I think Kemco made both Mystic Chronicles and Grinsia.

Happy anniversary!

Edit: Grinsia just crashed on me four times in two hours. The only thing that makes it playable is the ability to save anywhere. This is bringing back bad memories of trying to play Grandia on the PS2 despite all the crashing. What happened to Nintendo's quality control?
    Last edited by Victar; 06-04-2014 at 08:49 PM.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    First off, congrats on the anniversary, you two! Hope you guys have plenty more in the years ahead!

As for E3 predictions, I fully expect there to be tons of shooters and maybe one or two games that look amazing. I expect Nintendo to keep talking about Smash Bros., Bayonetta 2 and Tomodachi Life to try and distract us from the months of nothing that the Wii U has in store for it now that Mario Kart 8 is out. I also expect Microsoft to dissapoint everyone with their games lineup and have to endure questions about Kinect support. That's about it, really.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

My E3 prediction/tear-filled forlorn hope that will never come to pass but all a guy's got is his dreams is a localization for Dragon Quest VII for 3DS.

And happy anniversary, too!