Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 119 - We Can Be Heroes

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 119 - We Can Be Heroes

Falcom has a storied development history, and one of its larger series saw multiple versions before ending up on the PSP for a few installments. Many things can be said about these particular renditions, but the majority of them are not overflowing with praise.
    Oh, the bad translations of old... you are not left behind.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

I have a good friend who's been a fan of the Kiseki series for ages, and I remember us talking when this came out. There was brief, momentary excitement. Then there was less excitement, to put it charitably I ended up passing on these. The translation quality's a shame, since it sounds like they did a lot of interesting stuff here, and looking at it in a funhouse mirror form of a bad translation is a sad thing.

I did play the first Trails in the Sky. I'm looking forward to getting the second chapter of that when XSEED gets it out.

there are some GREAT zingers in here! a few I've come acrossed from such.... 'devious' (falcom) fans.

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    For those who are curious about this series's connection to the Dragon Slayer series, here's a very informative video, which also details the other series that spun-off from Dragon Slayer.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "