Thread: Tales of Hearts R Localisation Details Appear - E3

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Tales of Hearts R Localisation Details Appear - E3

Bandai Namco has revealed the language options for Tales of Hearts R when it releases later this year. It also provided a new batch of screenshots featuring one of those options.

[ Story ]
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I was really happy to hear this is coming, yet somewhat disappointed it was mentioned for less than 3 seconds...but considering it was actually during the Sony Conference at E3 and that Namco-Bandai is re-testing the waters for all their Tales games, I think this is the best we could get.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

The lack of English voice overs makes this a game I shall be passing on. It is a prerequisite that I have the dialogue in my native language. The fact that it isn't leaves me no choice but to vote with my dollars by not buying this game.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

I'm fine with the lack of English voice overs as long as all the text is in English. I play most games muted anyway, opting to listen to podcasts or watch netflix instead.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    but without Tales to dub how will Johnny Bosch and Yuri Lowenthal pay their bills this quarter?

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    There's still Tales of Xilia 2, Fowl. They and Wendee Lee have no need to worry.

Speaking of which just this past weekend at AnimeNext (a con in New Jersey), Josh Grelle half-jokingly stated that Bandai Namco has used just about every Californian anime voice actor at least once, which was why they casted him in Xilia 2 (he's from Texas).
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Also, Slay from Zestiria looks like he could be a Johnny Bosch kind of guy.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Pre-ordered this and tales of xillia 2. A man my age shouldn't like these kinds of games, but to hell with it, the gameplay is fun.

I think Yuri Lowenthal and Johnny Bosch having been doing just fine with out the Tales series as Yuri has never done any Tales games and Johnny only has done Guy from Abyss
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    I think Yuri Lowenthal and Johnny Bosch having been doing just fine with out the Tales series as Yuri has never done any Tales games and Johnny only has done Guy from Abyss
    You must not have gone over that list very well. Yuri has Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Legendia, just doing a Ctrl+F for "Tales".

Johnny has Tales of Symphonia; Dawn of the New World as well as Tales of the Abyss.

I'm tempted to buy this and keep it sealed in plastic.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by smacd View Post
    You must not have gone over that list very well. Yuri has Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Legendia, just doing a Ctrl+F for "Tales".

Johnny has Tales of Symphonia; Dawn of the New World as well as Tales of the Abyss.
    I did not see them, however I will admit with the SHEER amount of stuff these two do (along with many others in the VA scene) it's still not like they are hurting for work Especially when you consider THEY get royalties from every project. That Japanese Voice Actors don't, they get paid ONCE and that's at the start, not for each item sold.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Pretty sure Fowl was just making a silly off-hand comment, TAM. Nobody actually thinks Johnny and Yuri need the work.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    it's all part my running gaga about how Johnny and Yuri seem to just trade jrpg protagonist gigs.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    it's all part my running gaga about how Johnny and Yuri seem to just trade jrpg protagonist gigs.
    See Persona 3 and 4 for examples.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    See Persona 3 and 4 for examples.
    Even though those roles barely even count. All they really had to do was shout out "Persona!" as well as the names of every persona in the game. I doubt it stretched their acting skills too far.

Back on topic, the lack of VA is a bit disappointing. It's the first Tales game since... actually, it's the first Tales game period to not have English VA in North America. Even Tales of Destiny had some really awful English VA for bits and pieces of it, and Eternia was voiced in English as well. That said, as long as the text is localized well, I'm sure it'll still be enjoyable. I'll probably turn the voices off though.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Japanese speaking people have said that what they have seen from the translation does not match the Japanese version very well. That is, what is said in Japanese is butchered in the English text. it's a shame, but I will have to live with it.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Even though those roles barely even count. All they really had to do was shout out "Persona!" as well as the names of every persona in the game. I doubt it stretched their acting skills too far.

Back on topic, the lack of VA is a bit disappointing. It's the first Tales game since... actually, it's the first Tales game period to not have English VA in North America. Even Tales of Destiny had some really awful English VA for bits and pieces of it, and Eternia was voiced in English as well. That said, as long as the text is localized well, I'm sure it'll still be enjoyable. I'll probably turn the voices off though.
    Tales of Phantasia man...Tales of Phantasia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    Japanese speaking people have said that what they have seen from the translation does not match the Japanese version very well. That is, what is said in Japanese is butchered in the English text. it's a shame, but I will have to live with it.
    The things we do for our JRPGs.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

However at the same time as been stated several times by translators it can be hard to take some and translate to English as stuff can be misconstrued or not cross over well