Thread: Natsume to Release Two GBC Titles on 3DS eShop - E3

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Natsume to Release Two GBC Titles on 3DS eShop - E3

Natsume has more surprises coming for those who love Virtual Console releases. The company has announced two Game Boy Color RPGs making their way to the 3DS eShop soon.

News

The release window is "as soon as they get through lotcheck" which is where about 500 games are right now

Oooh Lufia. I don't think I ever played that one. Definitely going to grab that one

It's pretty good, but also challenging. I only played the SNES Lufia (and the DS one) so I'm looking forward to this myself.

Yeah, I played the two on the SNES, but haven't played any of the later ones. I remember them as pretty good for the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    The release window is "as soon as they get through lotcheck" which is where about 500 games are right now
    I tried. On the other hand eventually there will be more Harvest Moon to enjoy and Lufia for those who love that series. It's worth being excited about!

Nah, the article is great, just wish we could give an actual window XD

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Nah, the article is great, just wish we could give an actual window XD
    The waaaaaaaaaaiting is the hardest part.

And I want Harvest Moon NAO.

The GBC one is a pretty good Lufia, the second Lufia is the best but I enjoyed the GBC and even beat it.

Note it is a random Layout Dungeon crawler for the most part
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

It's been over a decade since I played it, but I recall being very disappointed in the Lufia game. The random dungeons were really bad and you spent most of the game in them. if the game had not held the Lufia brand, I never would have finished it.

I played a little of the GBC Lufia, and yeah, it didn't come close to greatness of Lufia II, though that game was tough act to follow. I'm betting it was mostly due to the rough path it took through development and the weaker power of the system it eventually ended up on, I recall it was originally planned as a PSX game. For a GBC RPG though, it was pretty good and had some neat ideas.

Yes and no. Lufia: Ruin Chasers was a PlayStation game being co-developed by Natsume, except the other co-developer went bankrupt right before E3 1998 (!!!). The title died, and Natsume went on to co-develop Lufia GBC instead, which probably did use some aspects of Ruin Chasers.