Thread: End of Serenity to Arrive Next Week

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

End of Serenity to Arrive Next Week

Natsume has been providing us with a bunch of news items recently, with End of Serenity's imminent arrival being the latest. Will you be picking it up?

News

Since it's on PSN, can this be played on the Vita also?

It's up to Sony to decide that; we've asked, but since we haven't heard either way, only announcing PSP right now. Technically the download to ps3->upload to vita trick should work unless Sony locked that down again.

It's also available for iOS and Android under the name End of Aspiration.

Playing Mystic Chronicles right now. It's good enough where I will probably pick this up as well.

Mystic Chronicles would have been a solid C+ title has it came out on the SNES in 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    It's up to Sony to decide that; we've asked, but since we haven't heard either way, only announcing PSP right now. Technically the download to ps3->upload to vita trick should work unless Sony locked that down again.
    Ah, okay...I will keep my fingers crossed, since my PSP is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    It's also available for iOS and Android under the name End of Aspiration.
    The PSP version has touched up graphics, a new (legible) translation, and bonus content. But sure, if you're really burning to play it one day early, go nuts!

Yeah, it's funny how they retranslate all the games now for 3DS. Should have gotten a proper translation from the start.

Though I can't really complain about it. Maybe it feels worse for someone with English mothertongue, but I find the dialogue in Child of Light harder to read that Kemco's Japanese-English translations. =p

Quote Originally Posted by ascii256 View Post
    Playing Mystic Chronicles right now. It's good enough where I will probably pick this up as well.

Mystic Chronicles would have been a solid C+ title has it came out on the SNES in 1995.
    Went ahead and bought this. It is a big step down from Mystic Chronicles. The dialog is much more basic, more like the NES era. My biggest complaint is that diagonal movement is missing so walking does not feel natural when using the thumbstick. Oh, and the miccrotransactions are more in your face with Serenity Points (or whatever they are called) worked into the menu and DLC items and locations listed in the item and location completion percentage in the "Compendium"

Oh, and the character portraits are still labeled "End of Aspiration" which is kind of funny.
    Last edited by ascii256; 07-03-2014 at 08:18 PM.

I wonder why they change all the game titles anyway (well, they didn't change "Grinsia", even though it was the one that was the most changed for the 3DS port).

PS: I think Fantasy Chronicle / Mystic Chronicles was their best game.