Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Gust RPG Surges Westward

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Another Gust RPG Surges Westward

Gust isn't just about the Atelier series and western RPGamers will get another chance to be reminded of that soon. Tecmo Koei has announced that Ar Nosurge is heading to Europe in a few months.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Sad Europe but not US
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    Sad Europe but not US
    I don't think there's any confirmation it isn't coming to the US, besides it'd be an easy import even if it doesn't.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Y'know I did mention

It has been stated that the game will also be coming to North America, but no further information has been revealed at this time.
    in the article. _ (Source of statment FYI - http://tmi.me/1etVCv )
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    It has now been confirmed for US release via Twitter. http://tmi.me/1etVCv

Oh, Severin even said that in the article. :-p
    Last edited by Ocelot; 06-26-2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: It's really cool when people read the articles!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Severin Mira View Post
    Y'know I did mention

in the article. _ (Source of statment FYI - http://tmi.me/1etVCv )
    but you didn't put it in the thread, and clearly that's all some of us read :P

I hope the battle system is as awesome as in the Ar Tonelico series.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Hmm, I think this just became my most anticipated game in an otherwise fairly barren year of releases. Even though I didn't much care for Ar Tonelico 3, (or Gust in general, I've come to find out), Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 were some of my absolute favorites during the PS2 days, and Surge looks as if its going to play more like Ar Tonelico 2 than 3 which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Thankfully NISA won't be handling the translation either, as they did pretty poorly with the series as a whole. Cautiously optimistic for a great RPG with this one.
    Last edited by ChickenGod; 06-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Yeah, Ar Tonelico 2 had the best battle system. But I liked Ar Tonelico 3 too, though I can understand how it's basically directed to only male audience.
    "Girl, take off all your clothes!"
    "Why?"
    "Because they reduce your magic powers of course!"
    "Oh makes sense. *undresses*"
    (doesn't work in real life)

I've never played a Ar Tonelico game but they have my interest. The question is should I start with 1 or jump to the PS3 sequels

Quote Originally Posted by ghaleon80 View Post
    I've never played a Ar Tonelico game but they have my interest. The question is should I start with 1 or jump to the PS3 sequels
    Haven't any myself(did play the first game for an hour or two, not enough to have much of an opinion) but heard Qoga is by far worse than the two games on the PS2.

If you have the choice you really should start with Ar Tonelico 1 and continue with Ar Tonelico 2.

Well it depends 3 was odd and had some bad design chocies but lets also look at it being the first PS3 game Gust made.

2 has this really bad game breaking glitch at the next to last boss battle that means you have to beat the boss in a short number of turns otherwise it's impossible. there is also one bit of completely untranslated dialog.

I recommend starting with the first (which plays a little more like an Atelier Iris) and go from there
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

Ar Tonelico 3 is the worst of the series, but it's not just Gust's first game for PS3, but also Gust's best game for PS3. Also I'd claim the choice of girls is best in 3, I'd take some of those in real life too. Too bad nobody ever wanted to discuss that with me (http://board.rpgamer.com/forum/showt...ler-and-16-%29).

I only played the first 2 on the PS2 and both are still worth it I haven't played the 3rd one on the PS3 and don't ever plan on doing so.

Don't worry about the AT2 boss fight the fight where you must win in a limited amount of turns else the game freezes up 100% of the time is a optional fight so its not required to fight her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Veghabe View Post
    Don't worry about the AT2 boss fight the fight where you must win in a limited amount of turns else the game freezes up 100% of the time is a optional fight so its not required to fight her at all.
    It's not optional, You have to do it ONCE, after that it's optional

However I only had AT2 freeze during the optional fight against her and not for the 1st required fight.

The freeze happens when she does a certain action. Normally it happens on specific turns, but you can force her to take a different action by doing a certain action of your own. That might have been what happened when you fought her the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    If you have the choice you really should start with Ar Tonelico 1 and continue with Ar Tonelico 2.
    It's too bad there aren't on PSN. I still might look into getting them though. But that would be way more convenient for me. (and likely cost less)