Thread: Pier Solar HD Has an Official Trailer

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Pier Solar HD Has an Official Trailer

As we all know, it's not an official trailer without a narrator using his best "In a World" voice. Brush up on Pier Solar's background story right here, because the game is coming soon.

["Soon" not guaranteed to happen as soon as you'd ideally like.]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I am looking forward to this. Glad they have an option for smoothed over character graphics. I dont know why they think that retro look looks good with the HD backgrounds. It doesn't, in my opinion.

Goty 2014!!

Looking forward to this but not sure what I'll buy it on.

[...]HD+ mode. This mode smooths out the pixellated character sprites so that they fit in with the HD backgrounds better.
    Oh man, they actually listened to us!!!

Now let me give you my money! >_<

If it actually gets released this year, it will probably be one of the only games I bought at full price because I actually wanted it so badly (next to M&M:XL and Dragon Fantasy).

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Oh man, they actually listened to us!!!

Now let me give you my money! >_<

If it actually gets released this year, it will probably be one of the only games I bought at full price because I actually wanted it so badly (next to M&M:XL and Dragon Fantasy).
    What about Cosmic Star Heroine? I am looking forward to that and Pier Solar quite a bit.

Well, the estimated release date for Cosmic Star Heroine is December 2014 and most Kickstarter games get delayed, so I'm not sure how high the chance is that it actually comes out this year. :-)

But yeah, I'll most likely buy that one at full price too.

Hey, wow. I really doubted they'd smooth those pixellated sprites out. Much less do it as an option!

That settles it then: no Xbox 360 version

Quote Originally Posted by Lassic View Post
    That settles it then: no Xbox 360 version
    My understanding is it's no fault of Watermelon's. They tried, and they just couldn't get things together with the 360 on the end of its cycle.

I read somewhere that they were going to tweak the gameplay too. I won't go on a rant about the original, but I will say that the original needed just a few changes to really be a great game.

1. Faster animations in and out of battle
    2. More variety in monster mix during encounters
    3. Faster animations in and out of battle
    4. Correction of the "save bug"
    5. Faster animations in and out of battle
    6. Faster animations in and out of battle

Did I mention the game would be much improved if they would speed up animations in and out of battle?

I'm usually not too bothered by slow animations but lack of encounter variety is something that incredibly annoys me in almost every RPG. It's especially bad in indie RPGs that sometimes go as low as just 3 different encounters in a region.

I really wish everyone would just code encounters so that they are randomly filled with available monsters.
    To quote another game designer I know:
    The amount of extra variety you can create just by having enemy formations built randomly out of a set of enemies, instead of only having 5-6 set formations, makes me seriously confused as to why that isn't just the standard.
    (whole discussion: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/15...246#post550246)