Thread: Natural Doctrine to be Implemented in September

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Natural Doctrine to be Implemented in September

NIS America has announced a release date for the latest JRPG featuring unnessary text stylisation in its title. While we don't usually go in for bizarre capitalisation choices here at RPGamer (dammit ReMIX), we do like to see what's included in fancy Limited Editions (and upside-down ampersands).

[ RELEASE DAtE ⅋ LIMItED EDItION ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    I clicked on the thumbnail, and it says link broken.

Dunno what you're talking about *whistles* - Severin
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 06-30-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Lies!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    My fault for trying to proof while also attempting to keep a kitten on a rampage from destroying my house.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    AH....I can see it now! I like how the poster is labeled "Tear resistant." Is the game so bad that I will cry? :P I jest, of course. The game got a rather lukewarm reception in Japan, from what I understand. Why is it I can have this, but not Suikoden II! EVIL!! Anyway, I'll keep an eye open... I like tactical RPGs, after all.

I'm quite into SRPGs right now. In fact I'm already wondering if I even should be playing any other genre than this. So I'll be warmly welcoming Natural Doctrine.
    But I still haven't found any I love as much as the Shining Force series. Why can't anyone make something like it?

Natural Doctrine has a chance of me liking it. It seems to be more mature than the usual NIS SRPGs and it also has SF's "Characters are moved in order of speed" rather than "Your turn / His turn".

Just not sure how the "You can move multiple characters on the same grid tile" style will work out. That seems to be removing "Zone of Control" features.