Thread: New Ar Nosurge Media Cascades Over

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

New Ar Nosurge Media Cascades Over

Koei Tecmo has released another large batch of media for Ar Nosurge, including a new trailer. Anyone still doubting at the very least a spiritual connection to Ar tonelico, should find this latest evidence quickly washing those doubts away.

[ Story + Trailer ]
    [ 60 Screens ]
    [ 33 Arts ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

DAY ONE PURCHASE BABY.

I want this game like right now so bad .... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Pre-ordered it last night, for the limited edition. If nothing else, the soundtrack will be worth it; Ar Tonelico has my favorite soundtracks due to all the Hymmnos.

Sadly I rather get the soundtracks through other sources, like CD Japan, because the soundtracks we get are cut
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    Pre-ordered it last night, for the limited edition. If nothing else, the soundtrack will be worth it; Ar Tonelico has my favorite soundtracks due to all the Hymmnos.
    There's a LE? I'm not even seeing a preorder for the standard version on Amazon. Details, please

The Ar tonelico stuff has always appealed to me (primarily because of the hymmnos music...) but getting that AND robots? SOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Zhi View Post
    There's a LE? I'm not even seeing a preorder for the standard version on Amazon. Details, please

The Ar tonelico stuff has always appealed to me (primarily because of the hymmnos music...) but getting that AND robots? SOLD.
    NISA is handling the LE, it's exclusive to their store.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Ar...imited-Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious View Post
    NISA is handling the LE, it's exclusive to their store.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Ar...imited-Edition
    Aha, alright. Thanks!

I'm convinced of the game too. Won't pre-order but will get it at full price. :-)

Anyone know why the Ar tonelico brand name was abandoned? Does it have to do with the publisher changing?

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Not as far as I'm aware, the Ar Nosurge is a bit of a merging of Ar tonelico and Ciel nosurge, a game Gust released back in 2012 in Japan. Ciel nosurge is the first game after Gust's merger with Tecmo Koei, but as Gust was the publisher in Japan it shouldn't be a reason for a name change. I imagine it was just changed so as not imply direct connections to the Ar tonelico games. Ciel nosurge and Ar Nosurge take place in the same universe afaik, but I believe they are considered by Gust more as a spin-off series. Ciel nosurge and Ar Nosurge are the only ones with the "Surge Concerto" series moniker in their full JP titles.

Gaijin's probably better placed to explain though.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Any one know if we're missing information for the world with Ciel no Surge not coming over

I want to see more battles!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    Any one know if we're missing information for the world with Ciel no Surge not coming over
    There might be some minor material or backstory, but nothing essential from what I'm aware. Ciel no Surge is identified as a "communication" game meant to be played with lots of people interacting over local wireless, but there's an offline version that's supposed to come out soon.

Thank you Gaijin

Well I 've grown to love the music but I haven't played any, this could be my chance, it's on my wishlist

In accordance with the prophecy Johnny yong bosch voices Delta. I'm already disappointed. That was my one wish, anyone but him.

New Member Member
    I enjoyed the first Ar Tonelico and was even more impressed with the second. The third disappointed, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this game. At least I love the ingame character art style mimicking recent Atelier games.